Eddie George update - looking forward to Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

thanks. I saw an Eddie George HOF thread the other day... thought I'd bump this up.

Here's a cool thread.

Debate: Brown vs. George

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:yes:

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I don't know if EG makes it but he was a classy guy who played the game the way it should be. We treated him unfairly near the end of his career with the whole Dallas thing but IDC he was a great RB.

Do you guys think McNair makes it.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He was NOT treated unfairly by the Titans. What "whole Dallas thing" are you talking about that was unfair?

He was paid a 1 million dollar roster bonus, offered a fair contract (considering he had nothing left in the tank--as we saw by his performance in Dallas)
    and HE claimed "I'm still in my prime" and left for Dallas to prove himself.
    He only proved that he was done, and the Titans were more than fair in what they offered him to stay and retire a Titan and local hero.

He had the same agent as Bettis, could have stayed and assumed the same role Bettis did in Pittsburg. He would be greatly admired by Titan fans today if he had, but his stubborn ego is why many Titan fans don't care for him now.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

also, in the end, per his incentive laced contract, he actually made less actual money in Dallas than he would have in Tennessee. What I'm trying to say is that he would have made more money staying.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

EXACTLY,
    but the Titans didn't treat Eddie fair??
    What a load of crap that is.

7. he left because it was a pride thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar