Eddie George update - looking forward to Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfan53

titanfan53 put me in coach

well i have liked eddie since he was with the buckeyes and then the oilers and then the titans and then i kinda stopped (cowboys)..but there is still a place in me that likes him as a player (former)...i still like to watch the super bowl when he ran over, i forgot which linebacker it was to score a td, man his knee as probably as high as this I off the ground..power.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He (george) owns a restraunt right near the Buckeye stadium now.

For all you Eddie haters out there did you really want him to sink to fry cook?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Dude, Eddie has owned a restraunt in Nashville for quite some time. What's your problem? Sometimes I post facts without an opinion. Other times I post opinions without any facts. Sometimes I'll make a post just to see the reactions. Other times I make posts that see what people do with raw information. I often use pictures to make points or ask questions, at other times to serve as answers or to compare or contrast... You think Eddie has sunk? He's a business man taking care of his money. It's just a pity that he left over such a petty amount. That is business... GM decisions have NOTHING to do with fans, so what is the point of your numerous posts here and elsewhere I have purposely overlooked? Are you trying to say something?
    Who are you calling hater? That's great. If only every professional athelete could set themself up well for life after football... that's what that is... oh yeah, another aspect of life after football is waiting around a decade or two to see if you get in the HOF. That's what this is about. I'm glad that Eddie George is capitalizing on the name he made for himself playing pro football.

He always knew he could never screw up the Columbus market back home.

4. Blazing Arrow

Did I step on a land mind?

I was joking around. I really do not think Eddie is a fry cook and the post was not directed at you at all. You made you thoughts clear (to me anyways) on Eddie in post #16.

Most people who are posting on this board have to have a spot in the heart where they still appreciate Eddie. At times it just seems that people forget it.

I would love to visit his restaurant and I would love to own a restaurant or his for that matter. I guess I would be the fry cook in that situation. They would be damn good too :))

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

No claymore here. I was just screwing with you. I like to do that to the new posters who come out! :lol3: Yes, post #16 was sweet. thankyou. :lol:

I'm not bashing Eddie. I appreciate Eddie.
    I really feel that he should not have gone to Dallas and that is was the worst mistake he ever made with his career.

If he had gone to Dallas and had he kicked butt...
    then this reasoning goes away.

The fact remains that Eddie George regrets signing with Dallas.
    I wish it wasn't so, ahh... but it's so.

I think how a player leaves the game has an impact on how soon a guy is inducted. (as well as a range of factors)

6. Blazing Arrow

Interesting comment. I can think of a few guys that went out like George:

Jerry Rice
    Tim Brown
    Joe Montana
    Marcus Allen
    Emitt Smith
    Barry Sanders (retired to do it)
    Tony Dorsett

To name a few.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uv-GO9rAE4I"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uv-GO9rAE4I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

random football snack^ hate to be them. :hmm:

These guys need less help for that kind of honor.
    Eddie will wait. This is first ballot territory, right?
    It's not a question of if he will go.

Right?

[​IMG]

I think Eddie is going to be waiting a little while.

[​IMG]

One of these would really help...
    The only former Titan who has one of these (look closely) is Kevin Carter.
    Ahh... let the question become if Eddie George had a Super Bowl ring...

How does the ring factor slant the ballot?
    I think it goes a long way.

8. Fred Miller, Robert Holcombe, and Rich Coady also have those rings...

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

That I know of or recall... I forgot about Holcombe. Coady? I'm not sure I ever knew that ... I knew I was taking a chance with that satement but it doesn't take away from the theme of what I'm saying, which is, I'm sure you will agree, that George stands a much better shot a quick induction, that is if he's inducted at all, had the Titans won that football game (SB34) ... Or even pehaps won it all in '00 or '02...

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Eddie wont be a first ballot guy I dont think, if at all. But #s aside, he was probably the premier power back in the league for several seasons on a team that was consistently challenging to win the superbowl, along with bettis. Plus he was a class act guy that is very respected by the media. I know he left on somewhat of a bad note, but nobody is going to remember that, and a lot of people that arent titans fans wont blame him. I think he has an outside shot of being a HOF, but definately not on the first ballot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar