Ebay Question.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

show us you items!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hard work really isn't your thing is it, jesse?

3. smili

smili Starter

I've sold some stuff on ebay. Nothing like a business though.

We have a scale we use to weight things. It really helps when creating listings. I have alot of spare boxes I have collected for shipping (including bubble wrap and peanuts) - I save them on purpose so I'll something around the house when needed. You can get boxes at the post office though.

I'd think it'd be pretty hard to "make" 300-500 per month on a sustained basis. Putting the auctions together can be pretty time consuming (photos/building the descriptions and listings). I find I'm mostly selling off stuff I no longer use at a loss (example: I've got a Dell docking station up for auction right now - it'll definitely sell for less than I bought it for. I'll probably be selling a piece of musical equipment soon at less than I paid for it). It'd be rough to make a profit the way I use ebay unless you're able to come across some valuable stuff at almost no cost - maybe something like a yardsale where people just want to get rid of it rather than make any money. Again, even then consider how much time it'll take to create the listings - make sure you get enough cashflow to make it worth your time.

Alot of ebay sellers have become pretty discontented and have migrated to some other sites, including Amazon. ebay seems to be making it more difficult on the small seller and is building it's business model to appeal more to the big liquidators. You may check out setting up businesses on more than one site to see which one you like best.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Well im going to give it a good try. the best deals on ebay are still just from the personal sellers with used items.

5. smili

smili Starter

I agree with that the best deals are from personal sellers with used items. I often search that way (selecting "used" as part of the search criteria). It's just there's less of that kind of seller now than there used to be. Alot of the small seller has moved to other sites.

Alot of folks have even moved to Craigslist. I shop for used musical equipment alot and have found Craigslist to be an awesome place to shop given the quality of stuff in the local music scene. recently bought a Larivee acoustic, a rack unit, a guitar case, and an amplifier cabinet. Kindof a pain meeting up with people, but the deals are pretty good and I don't have to worry about shipping costs on the heavy items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar