Earth 2.0

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dee, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

There's parts of theoretical quantum physics that I have a hard time accepting....such as multiverses. What's on the other side of that wall?...another universe. Or maybe this one is only two-dimensional and there are stacks of others above and below us. Or all the universe is on the back of a turtle and it's turtles all the way down. See?..at some point it just becomes wild imagination and little to do with physical concepts.
    Our brains can't handle the vastness of it; we have to seek a beginning and end to things and we just can't reach them all. If we choose to accept that it is a divine creation, can we at least accept the right to explore it and understand it without resistance or charges of heresy, blasphemy or the like? Astrophysicists don't live to try to "prove that there's no god" ; thry just want to understand what the universe is and HOW it was created. They do not concern themselves with WHO created it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If you don't want to be in taboo, feel free to not post taboo statements that break forum rules.

I really like the multiverse theory. I'd have to do some digging, but you know a lot of scientists are doubting the Big Bang theory now as well.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Pretty much a joke.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

I understood about 67.4% of that.

The big bang was always troubling to me because there should be no beginning as something has to eternal.

You can either believe that the something is a deity or energy and gravity.

I was reading about string theory I'm I'm not really sure if I completely understood it but what I essentially got was that is that all particles which make up everything are made of tiny strings of energy.

Which means that everything is made of energy and according to the law of energy conservation it can not be created or destroyed bit only change form.

If true then all of the universe would have always been because the entire universe is essentially just energy.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Earth 2.0 will be Mars.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What defines "a lot"? Sure some scientists might, but the overwhelming majority still favor the BB, however debates about what preceded the BB are ongoing. Currently the mainstream belief among scientists is the theory of Inflation (and by extension the multiverse) which has scalar fields as drivers of rapid expansion of spacetime leading to a BB.

I can recommend Human Universe by Brian Cox, it's a very good read.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Oh and with regards to Kepler 452B, as far as I know we still don't know the composition of the planet. It could be a gas planet and even if it's rocky there's no guarantee it has any atmosphere, let alone one suitable for life.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Absolutely mind boggling how we could possibly see a planet now, but at the same moment be completely annihilated by a supernova or something else. That's why I get so twisted around when we talk about space time. We are so used to thinking as time being a 1:1 everywhere here on earth, the same minute in time now, is the same minute of time somewhere else.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

So there is some truth to Prometheus?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar