Early reports on VY Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Vigsted, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

This is what worries me the most. I have no idea now what VY is really about, because there so many conflicting reports on his Pro-day, that I don't know if he did good or bad. That really bothers me, because after his workout he's still a huge questionmark to me

Edit:
    Again a conflicting report from ESPN. However this time there is video so you can judge for yourself.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2380236

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I still question whether Cutler will have any better luck running an NFL offense than Young, if that is a concern.

I have seen several instances where Cutler might have made an "amazing" completion only to see the review of the tape show he made a throw that i the NFL would easily have been either incomplete or an INT.

Who knows..maybe he ultimately turns out to be the best QB in the draft...but I think he is as big a risk as Young or anyone else at this point.

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

AJ Hawk has speed question marks of his own. Using him is like using Anquan Boldin who clocked a 4.7. He's a good player but speed isn't their strong points.

4. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Hawk was clocked at 4.49 and 4.42 during his pro day. My point was Ohio States defense is a fast defense. So your earlier point was negated.

But also I stated that VY beat them with his arm as well.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I am a little disappointed in VY's 40 time only because NFL defenses are going to be faster than college defenses and if he could have broken 4.5 that could have helped him.

As far as homerism I will go on record as saying IF I don't think Cutler was worthy of consideration as the #3 pick there is no way I would I would support him. It makes no difference if our QB comes from Mars as long as he can make all the throws, show great leadership and make good decisions with the football. If VY is determined to be the man by the coaching staff I have full confidence in them. I'm not sure VY dramatically hurt or helped himself in these workouts based on the combination of good and bad reports.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

It was discussed on 104.5 this morning that VY was throwing the ball after the wr's had already made their break. According to Wycheck he said that won't cut in the NFL. You have to know when that wr is going to break.

Also VY's Pro Day was in a bubble where conditions are perfect vs Cutler's Pro day that was outside, cold and very windy.

Of course everyone of the top three teams are singing how great VY is. If they want to trade their pick down you aren't going to say he sucked. What would that get you in a trade.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Young's speed...

4.57 suggests only that he might be or is probably closer to mcnair and mcnabb coming out than say micheal vick. For a QB the 40 time doesn't matter quite as much what matters is his top speed when someone is chasing him. Maybe vince with those long legs doesn't get an explosive start but once he reaches top speed he is like a 4.4 guy.

Put a jugs gun on guys at the 20 yard mark of the 40 and see how fast they are actually moving. I bet young fares better by comparison. People call that an extra gear.

Edit: Espn just reported that he ran several 40s times from 4.49 to 4.58. Not bad at all.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

From espn...

Salisbury gave young an A- grade and was impressed with his arm strength. He did express some concern with reading defenses when he takes a snap.

On the other hand some scouts wre less impressed. One of the complaints was throwing to receivers late.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some say that the recievers were slow...??

He will be working with the Titan Recievers soon, hopefully it will clear up his throwing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar