Early reports on VY Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Vigsted, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Ask AJ Hawk about VY's speed during the game. Oh wait....VY beat Ohio State with his arm....NEVER MIND.:winker:

2. titanjay

titanjay Guest

3. That's an idiotic argument. Vandy fans here have never suggested the Titans taking a Commodore in the 1st round before. Meanwhile, such notable Vandy homers and Mike Mayock and Chris Mortensen (just to name 2 well know ones) have also suggested that Cutler is the best QB in the draft.

The obvious fact is that Cutler is a damned good QB who is right up there with Leinart and Young. Everyone likes someone different. But saying that only a Vandy homer would want Cutler is as moronic as saying that only a USC homer would want Leinart...

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The argument was the only reason some are saying that we should pick him is because he's a local QB. If he had gone to Kansas or Kent or whereever else Tennessee RESIDENTS (RollTide never said the Vandy fans) wouldn't be suggesting we take Cutler at 3. I don't think Cutler is worthy of the third pick, especially with all the talent in this draft, but that's my opinion.

5. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

hey guys go to http://www.nfl.com. Look at Vince Young taking the snap. he is taking it from center also the guy 2 the far right is that norm chow??

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I just saw Oakland signed Brooks to a two year deal. I really could see whichever two quarterbacks we don't pick dropping out of the top ten and one of them even down to 15. Most likely won't happen, but I could see it happening.

7. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Well said.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

whats idiotic is that some are arguing that Titan fans are pushing for the Titans to pick Cutler simply because he's a local product

there's quite a few others (fans / scouts / media / players) who are also very high on Cutler .... from all over the country

his alma mater has absolutely NOTHING to do with it
    Jay has undoubtedly the strongest arm in the draft
    thats why he has attention

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The world is in constant flux. Everything changes.

What is funny is that this carousel of favoritism just goes round and round. Who really didn't think Young would have a decent pro day? Who thinks Leinart won't? Cutler has shown he deserves to belong right up there with them. There will NOT be a solid consensus as to who is the best. Time will tell that. People will like who they like -- fans, players, coaches, media, scouts, mamas, papas -- in the end, it'll be about who likes which guy, who has the cojones to go after their guy and that's about it. Young is up there again. Adored by some, questioned by others, and so it will go with Leinart, and so it is with Cutler. Even with his glowing press, folks will and still do question how good Jay can be. It just goes around. Everything in flux. As the World Turns....so to speak.

All that goes to say, who didn't expect it to go like this, really? It's funny. I enjoy it....except the NOT BEING ABLE TO TIME TRAVEL PART!

10. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I doubt we take Young. The fact that he did not show his ability to make certain throws will hurt him. I am saying right now if we go quarterback, it will be cutler and not young. My prediction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar