Early reports on VY Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Vigsted, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nothing Young did during his pro day aleviates my fears. My worry is still about whether he can run an NFL offense.

I've never been concerned with his athleticism, arm strength, accuracy, throwing motion, or any of that stuff. And those are the only things that get displayed on pro days.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There's nothing Young can do which will aleviate your fears then. We have to hope Reese, Chow, Fisher and Johnson can get a good idea of this in the "chalk talk" sessions tonight and tomorrow.

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Pro Day reports are another tool that GMs use to throw up smokescreens prior to the draft. In other words, don't believe everrything that you hear in regards to a player's pro day.

Already we are hearing discrepancies in times and number of completed passes. Now we are hearing that Young did not attempt certain throws that the coaches, scouts, and GMs had wanted to see.

Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown said that VY didn't blow the scouts and coaches away with his performance today.

VY Did Not WOW The Scouts and Coaches With His Work out

4. That's correct. That's why I think he's such a huge risk versus Leinart and Cutler...

I'll put my faith in whomever they pick, even if it's Young.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Gil Brandt said it was a slow track today, for what it is worth. I think anyone who likes everything they see, but is put off by is 40 time is over thinking things big time. We know how he runs in game situations against the very best competition there was, so running ability shouldn't be a question at all. 90% of the reports I have read have said his workout was extremely impressive.

As far as running an nfl offense, they had a blackboard session today and the Titans will get a private workout tomorrow. I have zero doubt that they will be able to tell if he can run an NFL offense or not.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I have my concerns about Cutler's mechanics and decision-making.

Same here. Young's workout for the Titans and his private interview time with the staff is likely what will have the biggest impression.

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

This is how I look at it.

In the Rose Bowl Reggie Bush was apparently stuffed and gained 170 all purpose yards because the Texas D was fast. Had Vince Young has a fast defence in front of him, I think he'd have gotten stuffed. 4.58 is pretty unimpressive in terms of what people were thinking he'd be getting. I saw him and straight away I said he isn't that fast. "He's so big, it makes him long slower", etc. I said 4.6 time. 4.58 is closer to 4.6 than the 4.4 peeps were expecting.

You can say what you want about throwing and how many completions he got. His speed is the thing that makes him throw less, and that isn't that impressive. He isn't the "physical beast" people thought he was. Hell Matt Jones and HIS 6'6 frame who ran a 4.3 looks BEASTLY now.

8. TITANZFN09

TITANZFN09 Starter

Who has the last word on Vince?

I would really like to see us pick Vince, and I think we will because Bo says so. Bo Scaife that is.........why do you think we picked him last year:ha: :ha:

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Young ahead of cutler...

Tennessee residents who insist we draft cutler #3. Hardly a surprise but if cutler had gone to kansas, kent or any other school many of you cutler fanatics wouldn't have in such high esteem.

I used to see that all the time with bear fans and notre dame players. The fans are almost always wrong.

I like mario with that pick but if we have to draft a QB i would rather take a chance on vince. The bust rate for QBs is at least 50% so get the guy with the most raw potential to be a star. And never never draft a guy based on how soon you think he will be ready to play. That's nonsense! Who cares if vince might need an extra year to get ready it's the 10 years after that i'm concerned about.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I likes me some RollTide!!!:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar