Early reports on VY Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Vigsted, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well I know people are going to bash because of my choice of QB in this draft. But I'm hearing that it was a very unspectacular outing by VY. According to Scout.com he ran between 4.59 and 4.61 and apparently he only attempted one deep ball (unknown if it was good or not). Aside from that he apparently was working with slow receivers which might have hampered him a bit, as the timing was reportedly not the best.

Edit: Maybe I should state that this is what I'm told Scout.com is writing, since I don't have access myself.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I said a few weeks back that the media who tore down Young will rebuild him back up after his Pro Day. It'll be interesting watching how this gets reported in the papers.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Good. This should silence his critics.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

5. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Alleged Salisbury report from hornfans.com
    -You would have thought it was Rose Bowl media day with all of the media present. I've never seen that many people at a workout. Huff was there of course, but most everyone was there to see Young.
    -I've never seen a college football QB throw with that kind of zip. It was bordering on unbelieveable. He threw everything and had great touch.
    -The ball hit the ground 5 times out of 54 passes. Two overthrows and three drops.
    -I gave him an A- just because I would like to see him run a bit faster.
    -You will have scouts down his mechanics tomorrow. Don't change him. He is a playmaker.
    -When his arm comes to maturity, it will be unbelievable.
    -His footwork was really good, but then again there was no pass rush.
    -He will likely go in the top 5.
    -When he scrambles to his left, he forces his body into the correct throwing position.
    -Watching him his incompletions will be over-thrown.
    -I'm not trying to make to big a deal out of it, but you have to call what is impressive, impressive.
    -The ball just jumps off of his hand. I didn't expect him to be that accurate. He really impressed me.
    -Texans Coach Gary Kubiak had one word after the workout "Excellent". He said to me "I wish we could have played with that kind of ability"
    -Saban, McCarthy ad Kubiak were there. There were some Cowboy scouts there.
    -If he doesn't get picked in the top 5, some teams are stupid. If you saw this workout today, and you like Leinart more, you better wait to see Leinart again on his pro day.

Not that I consider Salisbury a great source, but an objective one at least.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

So in my books that puts the qbs 1 Young, 2 Cutler, and 3 Leinart. What about everyone else? When is USC's pro day? April 2?

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle also reports VY had a great workout and impressed everyone.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

9. metal957

metal957 Starter

Like I have been saying all along He will become a Titan and replace Big Mc.

10. Just draft Vince Young!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar