Early reports on VY Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Vigsted, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Like I wrote, the mentor simply leads by example on how to handle things on and off the field. It isn't Farve's or McNair's job to go over the Xs and Os neccessarily and I'm not sure that is entirely what you would want from McNair anyway. More than anything a mentor is there to offer support.
    McNair missing half the practices or disregarding rookie WRs isn't exactly a good thing to teach a new QB anyway.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

gives him a lot of practise.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not impressed...clueless?

-------------------------------
    While some are praising Vince Young's pro day work out, others have been more critical. Young seemed unprepared and wasn't even going to run the 40-yard dash until receiving complaints from NFL personnel in attendance. His 4.57 was slower then most expected and below five other QBs 40s at the combine. Scouts noted that Young didn't even attempt any difficult throws and waited till after his receivers made a break to release the ball. When asked to compare Young's workout to Cutler's, one scout said "There was no comparison. Cutler made all the throws in tough conditions while Young limited his range of throws and he was indoors."
    ----------------------------

"Young seemed unprepared"

"Young didn't even attempt any difficult throws"

"wasn't even going to run the 40-yard dash "

"waited till after his receivers made a break to release the ball."

There is a thread that asks the question whether vince young is "clueless." Based on this maybe he is. Did he honestly think he didn't need to run a 40 for scouts prior to the draft? Seems that young has some idea he is an automatic top three choice. No he is not. He has done little to nothing to show us what an awesome athelete he is. His attemtps to avoid difficult throws and the 40 yard dash can't be positive.

Sean salisbury must have been so high on young before he threw his thinking was distorted. He talked about young in ways that scouts talked about elway. "Like he is from another planet"? Young's workout seems only adequate to me and that's not good enough for a third pick. Not when we have studs like mario williams and drbrick sitting there.

Tell me how i'm wrong. Young had a month to do nothing but prepare to kick butt for the scouts.

4. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Young will probably become a titan if they stand pat at 3 and he's there you dont pass on mike vick potential and the fact that he could single handedly put rears in the chairs at the stadium just because of pure electricity he brings with him plus these guys are trying to keep their jobs no way they draft leinart/cutler and give them the reigns halfway thru the season even though if the titans can fisher he gets a job next year no matter what if he wants it. But i dont see the titans passing on an athlete they always seem to draft athletes with potential. Young is no different.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fltitan...

Nonsense! Are you saying they should make a bad decision to "put butts in the stand"? That's silly they sell out if the team wins.

And what makes you think young is vick? Young participated in no other athletic drill other than a 40 and passing. How has he proved he is that caliber an athlete? He certainly isn't as fast.

Vick is not even a top 10 nfl QB. Vick has a career passing rating of just 75.

Athlete's with potential? You mean like mario williams? This draft is full of stud atheletes so why reach for a QB?

6. As a coach you teach strategy, as a player you teach on field experiences, how to pull a win in a difficult situation, situational packages. Of course McNair can groom Young and teach him all the situations that he will face as a starter and how to let it flow in gamedays. :winker:

7. Everyone is a risk, we don't have to be worried about this because we are only fans, we are not jeopardizing our jobs or spending money in this players, we have to support our team in the L's and in the W's, if you try to figure out who is the best for the Titans, only the coaches and GM will have the last word, McNair was a risk being from a Division II school, and guess what? McNair has been one of the best QB's in the past years and drove the team to the Super Bowl...

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think McNair was a bigger risk than Young will be. I have no doubt that we would take Young (we wouldn't pass on him because it is too much of a "risk").

9. Vanderbilt faced inferior teams than VY and the Longhorns, common don't fooled yourselves with these guy!!!

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Cant' believe I'm actually agreeing with RollTide here...

Anyways, FLTitansfan, if Reese and Fisher worry about their jobs VY is the LAST person they will draft. In that case they draft defence and hope that McNair + and upgraded defence can lead them to the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar