Early Look at 2017 S.O.S

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5-11.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

14-2 is a lot more realistic

3. kenny

kenny Starter

SOS means more than you guys are giving it credit for......Right now we are looking at Browns & Rams as easier teams; with Oakland being one of the toughest teams we will face.

If we were looking at say Denver, KC, & Oakland again do you not agree those are games we are less likely to win..... I HAVE to believe that everyone was shocked when we beat Denver & KC.............I certainly was. I expected to win one, but not both games.

Sure the Rams & Browns could improve drastically & we have lost to the Browns in their down seasons. However, I am certainly more confident in us beating the Browns than Denver.

Looking at our schedule I do not know how anyone cannot agree that this schedule looks better on the surface than the one we just played. Some teams will get better. Some will get worse; it almost always happens.

In 2016 we beat teams we were not really expected to; and played down to the level of teams we should've beat. If you are expecting better from those teams that did not do well; you should certainly expect better from YOUR team.

When you look at it; some teams get a better record, while others do not win as many. The SOS is adjusted; but it is usually pretty close to accurate. Not the number. The overall rating. As in we are set to play the 2nd easiest schedule. That usually holds true. Not always, but usually. It seems for every team that wins an extra game one that stayed hot does not make the same mark. Oakland could easily not make it to 12 wins this year. Look at that division. Cleveland could easily improve from their win total by a game or two.

I like looking at SOS. It tells us plainly what we SHOULD expect from our team. In 2016 our ending SOS was .462. This year starting at .439 we will probably end up close to that same .462 adjusted by end of season. If the team makes improvements as expected in FA & the Draft; we SHOULD be capable of reaching the same or better win total. THIS is where coaching comes into play. If we do not have a bunch of injuries this year; we will have a good idea of our coaching situation. If we do not make improvements with this type of schedule; you should not expect them with this staff.

4. kenny

kenny Starter

Players have stepped up on the oline & other areas. Keeping them from taking a step backwards is up to the coaching staff. They have to put the best players on the field & put them in positions to improve.

With this schedule we should be able to tell if the staff is up to that task.

5. kenny

kenny Starter

Until we improve IN OUR DIVISION it really doesn't matter. We have to improve within our division. However, 10 wins would've won the division this yr. We could've done that without winning in the division. We just have to be more consistent about the effort we give.

In the end I say with this schedule we should be able to make a run at winning the AFC South. It all depends on fixing the secondary, staying consistent where we improved this year, & coaching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar