Early Look Ahead to 2017 Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Mike Williams had a DAY yday

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I see all those screaming for Peppers have gone very quiet.

3. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

I wouldn't overcommit to a CB. Yes, we need a good one, but I think we are playing with fire if we don't start replenishing the dl/olb.

I think we could find a good cb in the 3rd round. I am more concerned about the age of our dline right now, more than anything.

Draft a cb in the 3rd round and bring one in via free agency. Focus on the dline and linebackers is what I am interested in.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

Rams are now 4-7 on the season. Their remaining schedule is @NE, vsATL, @SEA, vsSF, & vsARI. Good chance they only win 1 or 2 of those at best which should give us a pick around top 5-7. Add in possibly 2 QBs being taken before us and that leaves us with a top 5 player on our board.

That first pick needs to be a difference maker. I would take Johnathan Allen, Myles Garrett, or Jabrill Peppers in that order. Use the second 1st rounder on the best corner available possibly Marshon Lattimore, unless we are blown away by Mike Williams which could also be a solid pick.

It is a lot harder to predict free agency, but Jon Robinson knows what he's doing and I trust him to go after solid undervalued guys to give us a boost (just like Matthew, Murray, Ben Jones, Rashad Johnson). It is pretty nice to have only one position group (CB) being the only one that absolutely needs upgrades.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

How can you be so right and so wrong in one sentence? Did you watch Peppers play yesterday? He was terrible. I have only watched him play twice this year and he was pathetic both times. Do you even watch the games or just hilite stuff?

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Watching The game today.... imagine waiting for the third round to take a CB

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  7. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

Didn't get to watch the game, its hard watching other games in college when you have your own home game. But the guy is still a versatile freak who could offer a lot to this team as a SS, cover LB, and returner. I think most everyone agrees he is one of the best defensive players in the country and I am not going to count him out because he had one bad game. Every year there seems to be a player or two that is over criticized because of the amount of hype that came with them. Most of Myles Garrett's stats come from non SEC opponents but no one has jumped on him for it.

8. dgup76

dgup76 Starter

Im going after Eric Berry if I am Robinson

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

If we have a pick in the 5-7 range I'm all about trading back some to reclaim a second. This is the deepest CB class in recent memory with 10 guys likely to have first round grades. If we can trade back a few spots we should still be able to snag a top CB prospect and get WR and ILB dealt with in the first two rounds too.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I like this. Doubt a CB will be worth 5-7 pick. Trade back, and pick up a CB still and Reuben Foster or Mike Williams/John Ross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar