Early Division Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

That poor ******* never had a chance .

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Murray's had a great preseason against some good competition. Henry is looking like a steal.

2 NFL ready backs that have skill.

Sharpe could easily become a "top 50" receiever. Mathews and Wright can both play. AJ isn't in his prime but is still a playmaker.

We could win the division.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  3. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Anything is possible I guess, but we said the same thing last year and tons of people expected 8 or 9 wins and look how that turned out.

Also I don't think preseason is a good judgment of how we will play this year.

I just want to set my expectations for the Titans as achievable this year instead of being disappointed. Just want to be better than last year in terms of record.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Generally Id agree, but the thing is if youre dominate vs 1's in the preseason theres a good chance youll be productive in the regular season.

Im yet to see a QB do really well vs other teams 1's then fall on their face in the regular season.

Last year Mariota was very pedestrian in the preseason, now he looks like he's focused and about to kill it this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

08 Lions went 4-0 in preseason and Jon Kitna played well against all the number 1 defenses he faced.

08 Lions regular season record: 0-16

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Totally different team than a year ago. And I think a lot of people forget how many close games we had where we lost at the very end.

On offense we've improved at every lever. Our starting RB is now our 3rd string RB. O-Line we made vast improvements. Even Spain might work out.

On defense really the only area where we are lacking is at CB. Our Safeties are pretty good. Especially once Byard gets in the lineup.

I don't think McCourty and Cox are the best duo in the league. But they can both play and make plays.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

not the same as Mariota in 2016, but I give you a point for trying

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Your bringing up the Lions??

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

It's an easy argument for people who believe that preseason dictates how the regular season will go.

10. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

hahah I just proved your argument wrong. A QB who plays well in preseason does not have any effect on how he will play in the regular season. A good preseason doesn't mean anything in the league.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar