Early 2007 Super Bowl Champ Odds

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pacmanplayer, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

So your saying we have a chance.

I have won a few long shots in my lifetime:
    I picked Birdstone to win the Preakness at 36-1.
    I picked the Reds to Sweep the A's in the world series at 40-1

I had one close call:
    I picked the Astros to win it all last year at 70-1. Damn.

That said, I think the Texas are a good bet. They are at 100-1. Yet they have major talent. Andre Johnson, Reggie Bush, David Carr, Dominick Davis. And they are not far removed from a .500 season. One trade away from a decent line. I think if you ever wanted to bet a long shot the Texans are actually a reasonable bet.

The Titans are a bad bet in my opinion. They have little hope of turning it around. Although Chris Brown does offer some offensive hope. There is little else that will improve in my opinion.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Well, I talked with Guido & Vinnie about the 100-1 odds the Titans got for 2006. "The Titans have no hope of any play-off picture," said Guido, "they will struggle to stay out of last place in the AFC South."
    "The Colts are too strong, the Jags will be fighting the Colts for 1st place and Houstons offense will be too much for the Titans in 2006."
    "Add into the equation that the Titans will be playing a tougher schedule in 2006 than they did in 2005." "They will have a new QB, but he will be riding the bench much of the season." Vinnie says that the Titans are lucky to get 100-1 odds, it could be much worse.
    McNair, Mauck and Young/Lienart/Cutler listed as the Titans QBs for 2006. What happens when McNair recieves that "One hit away from retirement" shot early in the season? Good question Vinnie!

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Bills should be much improved as well. Possibly a good bet there at 100-1. Problem is they really sucked hard at qb. But that will be the ony missing playoff piece if they are healthy.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

They need OL too. If they can get an OL, QB shouldnt be that bad of a problem

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Wow, some fan - already giving in to the defeatus mentality. Other teams have turned it around with lesser talent, so cheer up dude, we can do it. Chris Brown is the only one who offers offensive hope....? Yeah right :sad2:

Trusting two guys whos odds, if my memory serves me right, never are on the money and seem to be more in the wrong than in the right.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah really don't give up on the titans yet... in my opinion they are better than half the teams in the league already... and hopefully with veterans better understanding Chow's offense and the possibility of a strong draft they'll be a prime candidate for a wild card spot.. plus the colts suck... stupid sucky colts...

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

QUOTE: Trusting two guys whos odds, if my memory serves me right, never are on the money and seem to be more in the wrong than in the right.

They were almost 80% correct last year. I was wrong going against them most of the time. Their odds weren't always on the money, but they knew who would win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar