ealy climbing the depth chart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Because Ealy is still relatively unknown and was an UDFA it seems fans automatically assume he really isn't that good. Ignore his draft status and simply look at what he is doing. He has the size, speed , hands and work ethic. I could care less where he was drafted. Seems to me one of the better young WRs in the game right now might be a kid who was a 7th round pick, Marques Colston. Could it be Ealy is the real deal? This UDFA certainly seems to be looking better than guys who were drafted higher and have more experience and he was kept on the team last year over Roby. It wouldn't surprise me if our two best WRs on the team in a year or so are Ealy and Hawkins.

2. CALI_TITANS

CALI_TITANS Starter

I agree with the las comment made, I really do believe that Ealy and Hawkins r going to be good players for the Titans this year and years to come, and i would not sleep just yet on M.Williams ,P.Williams just yet. We still have to see how they play with the pads on,and if they do the same thing in training camp and if we will be the team to look out for,but until then , stay pos.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

tell that to David Tyree, not a UDFA, but a 6th rounder that nobody would have expected to be the one to make that catch with the game on the line.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

:rolleyes: What are you talking about? I called it from the start :wink2:

I kid...I kid...

Ealy seems like he has potential, but he has yet to prove it to me on the field.

5. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Anyone remember the reports of how Roby was the most impressive WR last offseason?

This has feel good written all over it, much like the Mike Williams report a couple of months ago...

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Wasn't Drew Bennett UDFA? He's no Marvin Harrison or Jerry Rice... but he's better than a lot of #2's.

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Yea Bennett was undrafted, as he was a QB in college....but got nowhere near the looks at WR like Matt Jones(Did the Jags cut him yet?) did years after.

Its a shame Bennett had to run for the money, him and Gage would of made huge targets for VY to grow with....As for Ealy? who knows, I mean im excited for the possibility that M. Williams could some how be an athletic WR again but i think he really is on his last chance at all...

Say they Ealy and Williams make it, we have to cut one of the WR's eventually...and for some odd reason i think itll end up being McCariens(sp?)

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

"Biron Ealy worked as the #3 receiver today and made a great touchdown grab early on in practice."

"Ealy caught a deep ball from Collins over Vincent Fuller."

Granted these are only OTAs but the kid keeps doing something good every practice to get noticed. Do we see McCarein's name popping up this often? How about Gage?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ealy made a play last preseason that looked so smooth and easy. It was preseason, and he was placed on the practice squad after that, but he really hasn't gotten a chance to do much.
    Last year he wowed in practices consistently. Hopefully he can get some playing time. With that, I think he can do some great things.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's nice to hear, but it doesn't mean anything. King had a streak going for a couple of weeks last year where he had a turnover every single day. He's stuck around through practice squad and special teams, but it didn't get him anything close to a starting role.

It's good to have people working hard and doing things, but don't take it too far.

I also find it hilarious that roydell is listed on here as the probable third WR, when two weeks ago half of this site was saying that he wouldn't make the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar