Eagles vs. Patriots

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that INT will probably seal it.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Ah... A.J. reverted back.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

A.J. Feeley turns into A.J. Feeley and throws a backbreaking interception. Philly needs a defensive stop.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

New England has cemented home field on the Titans. Biotch. Master plan for home field abandoned.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That Philly D sure did give the best O in the land fits last night. But I don't think their personnel is much better or different than ours. Hats off to a d-coordinator than can think outside the box.

6. Apple Gooncha

Apple Gooncha Camp Fodder

It also helped that the officials took a TD away from Brady/Moss on a bogus offensive PI call. ;)

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah, but that's a bit beside the point. Jim Johnson did something the Pats have always been good at....showing new, confusing looks. I've seen Shwartz do it some, but not much, and not to that extent.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It was stupid of the Pats to throw the ball 54 times. That is just ridiculous.

Their arrogance will be their downfall. Just watch.

Dallas Mavericks of last year.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ok, but no one has stopped them when they wanted to pass this year. I don't think running another 10 or 15 times would help, Philly stopped the run game when they tried it, and NE still won t.o.p.

The Eagles didn't really stop them, but contained them more. It looked like they keyed in on Moss. The weird formations and blitzes threw Brady off and he looked frustrated. That's right out of the Pats playbook, but Jim Johnson is supposed to be good with creative defenses, I guess I never saw it to that extent. Philly's D is ok, but I think how they schemed against the Pats really helped keep them in that game.

Now somehow, Shwartz has figured out 1 team that surprises me....the Colts. But it's taken forever to do that. I don't know exactly what's changed, or if he even needs a big pat on the back for it. But we've never seen consistent innovative defense. With top players, we'll have a great D, w/o them, we don't have a great coordinator.

I don't know a lot about schemes and such, and most of the time we can't see the entire field to have an idea of what is going on. But it's sometimes or most of the the time obvious when you see a scheme get the upper hand in games vs when you see the players get it. I don't think we get the scheme advantage much from Shwartz, but I don't know that you get that from many D coordinators. I think the 3-4 helps a lot, and the 4-3 needs a better front 7 if you're not going to figure out ways to pressure and confuse the opposing offense. I don't Shwartz bash much, I'll get off the soapbox....I just wish we could have more instances of being very impressed with his schemes and plans.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When you run so little, you don't establish the run game anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar