Eagles vs Packers match up (Vick is about to go off)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pacman 4 HoF, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Vick had 65% completion 3,000 yards and 21 passing TD. You can't really label him as a 'running QB' anymore; the dude has done a fantastic job passing the ball this year. However, the better QB did win, that is definitely the case.

2. iQon

iQon Starter

I hardly consider a QB that threw for 3k and had that kind of TD/INT ratio, a running QB. If the 2010-11 Vick is a running QB, than Aaron Rodgers is, too.

Also, people need to calm down with this "oh noes he threw a game losing INT" crap. What QB doesn't do that? Didn't the almighty Peyton Manning do that a few times in the playoffs? Didn't he do it in the SUPER BOWL last year? Didn't Brady throw a pick that sent the Colts to the Super Bowl a few years back? Give me a break.

Vick had a great year, stop trying to discredit him by making a bad play define it.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

[​IMG]

im rooting for the seahawks now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

I like the way some fans just throw stats out like they tell the story of the game. The Packers D held Vick in check for most of the game. Alot of those Vick yards came on the last drive. He got his only passing td on a drive with a very short field after a turnover. Anybody watching that game could see that Rodgers was the better qb today and his stats would've been even better if Jones doesn't drop that 60 yd td before the half.

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

vick got all his stats in garbage time... wait wut

6. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

If you are referring to my post above I didn't say garbage time. Vick got over 100 of those passing yards in the teams last two drives when teams typically go into more of a preventive style defense. The Packers had held him check pretty well throughout the game. The only reason I am pointing this out is that before those two drives Vick had 185 yards with 1 td while Rodgers had 180 with 3 tds. Rodgers had outplayed Vick and got his team the lead so he didn't need to throw the ball at the end like Vick did. Anybody that points to Vick's stats to say that he had just as good or a better game than Rodgers is someone that really didn't pay attention to what happened in the other 3.5 quarters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

In my official preseason Super Bowl pick, I chose Packers vs Ravens... still a possibility. If anyone can beat the Falcons, it's the Packers. If anyone can beat the Patriots, it's the Ravens.

In my unofficial preseason Super Bowl pick, I found a way for the Titans to defeat the Cowboys. I've been picking us unofficially for about 7 years now.

God, I hate the remaining AFC playoff teams. WTF is this garbage?!?!?!

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

looks like Mr. Mexico got put outside for the offseason.

9. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Come on dude, this is going to be an unbelievable weekend of football. Doesn't get any better.

Here's hoping your team gets back to being more like AFCN football like they used to be not too long ago

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I never said I wasn't looking forward to the games... though I think the Pats will just blow out the Jets again. I'm picking the Ravens to beat the Steelers.

I wish the AFC Central was still intact so I could truly hate the teams... Ravens and Steelers mainly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar