Eagles taking offers for DeMarco Murray

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

[​IMG]

You are the king of strawman arguments.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Would everybody PLEASE stop this f*cking crazy talk about getting a FA RB? No trades, no big contracts etc. Its just stupid with the line we have in place.

Drafting RB is the smart choice, if we get a RB at all. Fresh legs, motivated to work for a decent contract and new attitude.

DMC has been a good locker room guy just not built for what we need. Don't care if he goes. Andrews average guy. Sankey looks like he has simply given up, if he had true talent to begin with- I thought the pick was stupid but I think we should give him another year with a re-built OL before dumping him.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Dude

put down the shovel, apologize and just stop.

JBC is eating your lunch.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

We've tried that several times in recent years. No luck.

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Sankey and Cobb don't count.

Sankey was in a subpar RB class and why Webster viewed him as the best. Nobody will ever know. Should of drafted literally anyone but him.

Cobb, he was drafted after a fullback. Pretty sure most people thought he would be average at best and mainly just a 3rd down goal line type.

Team should of drafted Jay Ajayi instead anyways.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Yeah, that's an impressive 3.8 YPC he managed.

7. TokinTitan

TokinTitan Starter

gigantic contract YES Old? Broken down? NO I dont think so starting to think people believe more of what they hear than what they actually see Did u watch him play AT ALL.

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. 615nick

615nick Starter

Man, people are crazy. They have to just read/listen to "experts" and gather thier opinion from there. Murray is not old or broken down. He was misused terribly in philly. It is really, really easy to see that if you watched even one game. He is however overpaid. Does he really have a bad attitude or was he just pissed about being lied to about his role in philly?

Because of where we are as a team, i wouldn't give more than a 5th for him. We won't get him because he's worth more than that, just not to us. He'd also need to rework that deal to around 4-5m. If we had a better team, with a better line I'd give up more for him.

9. JBC

JBC Starter

Murray would fit into the scheme that the Titans want to run. He is a North South power back. he does have some history with injuries, and may be a little past his prime. Not thrilled with his current contract either. He would, however, be a vast improvement over what is currently on the roster.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'm probably one of the only one saying this... But Sankey needs a chance behind a decent line. He was drafted early and hasn't been as horrible as some make it out.

He was second to McCluster in YPC last season and barely touched the ball after the first few games.

Cobb-2.8 YPC looked horrible
    Andrews- 3.6 YPC looked average, had a few good runs here and there.
    Sankey- 4.1 YPC seemed to be running hard those first few games. Got in the dog house.
    McCluster- 4.5 YPC believe it or not he was our best back and probably would have continued to be if Andrews hadn't took over all the touches mid season.

It's a bad group of RBs but I still think Sankey has the most potential behind a better oline.

My point is, get a decent line and go with the group that's here. Too many positions of need to be adding aging FA or wasting picks. If there's a player that is light years ahead of what's here, sure... But they will be reduced to average behind a horrible line so that has to be fixed either way.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar