Eagles Evan Matthis and Mychal Kendricks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yep. Rebuilding teams shouldn't trade away draft picks - and definitely not for players on the wrong side of 30.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You guys do realize that Kendricks is 24 and was part of the deal I discussed, right? Kendricks could be a 10 year starter at ILB.

I think some of you value 4th and 5th round draft picks a little too much.

3. TorontoTitanFan

Then sign him as a free agent next season and don't trade anything for him.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mathis is still a highly productive lineman, he's just owed a ridiculous amount of money, but Id easily pay him to replace Levitre's sorry ass.

And Kendricks would be an awesome addition, I just dont think we should burn early draft picks when we have a 4th round pick in Avery Williamson playing at a high level, and then Zach Brown coming back. Brown went untouched last year that one series of plays he got to play before getting injured, he moves extremely well in that space of the field, his potential as a ILB is exciting..

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Unless he is traded somewhere else. Or we are outbid and he signs elsewhere. And that doesn't improve the Titans for 2015.

6. JCBRAVE

If we did make a move on getting Kendricks or Mathis it has to be contingent on them redoing their contracts.

Its risky trading assets for a guy who could potentially turn around and screw you a year later and sign elsewhere...

7. TorontoTitanFan

I just don't feel comfortable trading a draft pick (even a 4th-rounder) and a potential long-term starter for the possibility of only one year of Kendricks.

The Titans aren't winning a Super Bowl this year. Kendricks isn't a final piece. And short of him being the best linebacker in the NFL, he won't get the franchise tag from the Titans, which means he can sign wherever he wants. If the Titans want him that bad, just wait a year and sign him as a free agent while keeping all your own draft picks. By that time, we'll know if Brown and Williamson are viable starters.

I see no compelling reason the Titans should move a pick to acquire Kendricks now.

8. Alex1939

[QUOTE="TorontoTitanFan]

The Titans aren't winning a Super Bowl this year.

I see no compelling reason the Titans should move a pick to acquire Kendricks now.[/QUOTE]

Definitely would be thinking contract extension.

Don't know if it's really compelling or not, but I feel like another 2-14 season could be detrimental to the confidence and development of our young players. I think Kendrick's and Mathis would help us achieve mediocrity in 2015 vs being a bottom feeder. I worry about our oline getting mariota killed this season and I worry about our defense getting gutted for 5 yards a carry up the middle by nobodies. No additional player makes us a superbowl team in 2015, but I'd like to see serious progress and upward momentum this year and I think Kendrick's and Mathis could help that goal. Worth future latter round picks to me.

And that's just like my opinion man.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans franchised Bo Scaife

Bo Freaking Scaife!

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

If Brown or Williamson get injured then yes make a play for Kendricks, otherwise I think we're ok at ILB. We cant have Woodyard playing significant time again, he was bad last year...

Generally I dont like being conservative and counting on guys who've burned us in the past (Brown), but this time I say we stay put as we are at LB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar