Eagles Evan Matthis and Mychal Kendricks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Evan Mathis is a 33 year old guard that started for 3 separate teams and wants more money. Word is Mathis has played very well for the Eagles but some say it's because of the rest of the O-line. Mychal Kendricks is a young ILB that has played well. Eagles are considering trading both. I know some threw around Kendricks name prior to this year's draft.

Worth anything to anybody now?

I would not want to give up first or second round picks because I think we will be picking high again. (Eagles wanted a 2nd for Kendricks). If the Eagles would say yes to next year's 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks, I would do that. I would also consider giving up on Hunter or trying to unload some unwanted players like Griffin, not in addition to those 3 draft picks but some combination of a player and 3rd or latter round picks.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Staff likes Griff because he played hurt all year. You notice we did not draft or sign a FS, they want Griff.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Three picks are way too many to give up. There's a reason the Eagles don't seem to want these guys around. I don't know what it is, but there's always a reason.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Griffin isn't that bad when we have a pass rush... He can play center field which he is really good at.

When teams are gashing us for 5-6 yards on the ground Griffin is a non factor. He isn't going to come up and make that tackle. It isn't his game.

He isn't going to sack the QB on a Safety blitz. He isn't going to wreck a WR on a screen.

Griffin needs to be able to sit back and read the play and come over the top of his CBs to make plays on the ball. That is where he makes his money.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Alex1939

Not with our draft history.

With Mathis it could just be freeing up cap space. I'm a Chip Kelly fan so I won't dog him, but many people think he doesn't know what he is doing... as in he thinks its all about his playbook and the players don't matter much.

So again, I know this is hard for you, but just because the professionals do something doesn't make it right.

6. Alex1939

I imagine our team would be better with Mathis over Levitre.

ILB is important for 3-4 defense so having 3 good ones (Brown,Williamson, Kendricks) would be beneficial, plus who knows how good Williamson and Brown really are.

Now that may not be worth giving up a 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick, but I think more likely the Eagles wouldn't take that deal as they have stated they wanted a 2nd for Kendricks.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Kendricks is on his last year under contract.

Mathis is an old, overpaid guard who has two years left under contract.

They want to dump Mathis to free up cap space. And I'm sure Kendricks is seen as a pretty replaceable player and they don't plan on re-signing him next year.

All this said, I wouldn't mind having them on our team. But they don't have much trade value. The deal Alex proposed is just too much to give up for what they're valued at right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

What about a 4th and 5th? Would you take it?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Can he play center or right tackle? As bad as Levitre is right now he is still the third best offensive lineman we have.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah I dont know about that

definatly as a body of work, but right now I would have Levitre as BU G but only if I was willing to eat his CAP

I would go

LT Lewan
    LG Poutasi
    C Schwenke
    RG Warmack
    RT Stingley

with Bell reserve T and rookies as reserve G & C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar