Dwayne Jarrett and Brandon Merriweather

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titansfan9, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

What do you guys think of those two. I want both of them, get Jarrett in the 1st, and Merriweather in the 3rd. Merriweather is the next great Miami defensive player in the NFL. He reminds me of Ed Reed, just because he is fast, versatile, and a real ball hawk- plus he's not afraid to lay a hit on a guy. If we draft Merriweather, Thompson becomes expendable. And as for Jarrett I think this guy will be as good as Calvin Johnson. I don't know who he reminds me of- Im thinking a faster and more athletic Keyshawn Johnson, and he is a playmaker and has a good attitude. Plus it would benefit us and Jarrett to be drafted by us. Why- because he knows most of the offense, with Chow being his OC for 2 years. I think he would be perfect to have, and would produce in his rookie season- plus LenDale is here, it would be good for those two to be around each other and challenge each other.

Dwayne Jarrett and Brandon Merriweather (with hopefully Justin Blalock in between) are my hopefull picks of the 2007 draft. Your thoughts....

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Jarrett has had a very productive college career, and he gets overlooked. He is tall, and I watched him play a lot, he is like Plaxico Burress, both 6'5, but Jarrett has better hands and is faster. Merriweather comes from a long line of great Hurricane d players, and at his position, Ed reed. I think Merriweather has a lot of talent, but he is a head case. I wouldn't mind either player, but Merriweather might be taken by the 3rd, probably by the bengals who take criminal players :)

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

I don't see Jarrett as being fast enough too be the #1 WR for the Titans. He is big but is not fast or big enough to create seperation on a consistant basis.

We will not likely trade up for Calvin Johnson. If we go WR, Robert Meachem has the size and speed we might be looking for in a #1 WR. He has Reggie Wayne type skills and is a lot bigger than Wayne.

4. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

as long as we draft a WR in the 1st round ill be satisfied or in the 2nd just not a punter or kicker... :)

5. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Jarrett runs a sub 4.4-4.5... how is that any slower than some the guys we have out there now? I think he would be perfect for Vince in that he can hall in pretty much anything you throw his way.

6. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Jarrett's average time is a 4.55

7. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Anquan Boldin and Jerry Rice had much worse times and Jarrett has size on both of them. Wr's that had great 40 times such as Troy Williamson, Reggie Williams, and Matt Jones have all severely underperformed, yet it continues to be a measuring stick to a receivers ability. Other than this year Meachem has underperformed himself, Cutcliffe or not.Not to say I don't believe he will be a good receiver, but first round in this class of WR's is a stretch even with a great combine.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Jarrett would be a nice addition. I like him or Landry/Nelson in the first.

I don't know if Meachem comes out this year or not, but isn't the deadline looming? If he were to declare, without the Combine #s to support or detract, I would put him in the 2nd round.

I think it would be cool to have a few Texas and USC players on the offensive roster. Young/White/Jarrett -- gotta love the sound of that.

And I wouldn't mind adding Blalock to the line, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar