Dungy pondering end is an expected annual event

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>SAN DIEGO -- Ed Werder's <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3806794" shape="rect" target="_blank">report</a> that Tony Dungy will contemplate retiring after the Colts' season is over comes as no surprise. It's become clear in recent years that such a period of reflection will be an annual deal for him for the remainder of his career.</p> <p>There is some suggestion floating around that it could leave the Colts in flux the way Brett Favre uncertain future had done to the Packers. That's a stretch. Dungy will take a reasonable period of time, consider whether he wants to continue or go on to the next stage of his life that will be heavy with charitable works, and give the team a decision.</p> <p>If he goes, associate head coach Jim Caldwell has already been tabbed to take over and the vibe of the franchise under him would not change dramatically.</p> <p>Which way is Dungy leaning? I don't think even his inner circle knows, because I don't think he knows. We've got to let it play out, and the Colts are hoping none if it's set in motion for another month.</p>

More...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't blame him. I like the guy even if he is the Colts Coach.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I like Dungy as well....but I hope this doesn't start turning into a Favre II scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar