Dungy contemplating retirement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

God and Family before football. Each child has the chance to be someone if they just believe in themselves...

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Hey, Shaun King picked the Titans to win, let's lay off him...then again, he was wrong which continues the trend of bad decisions by Shaun King. Maybe Dungy did win with bad qb's.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dungy is a very very devout evangelical christian. Unlike some coaches with similar beliefs he doesn't hit his players over the head with a bible but does promote a strong family atmosphere and very few colt players have had problems with suspensions or the law..

Another dungy is just a fiqure head moment.
    It was dungy who hired monte kiffen to be his defensive coordinator for tampa in 1996. Kiffen is only one of the best defensive coordinators of alltime. Kiffen was the main reason for that bucs super bowl win in 2002.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Dungy is as fine a person as he is a coach. We could all stand to be more like him. In regards to retirement rumors, I have a feeling he is done.

I suspect his desire to be with his family and his son in high school in Tampa is his primary concern- especially with the tragic death of his other son.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

6. ColtinIraq

ColtinIraq Camp Fodder

Yeah - he told me that 4 points has really made him reflect on his coaching career.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I hope Dungy retires,
    because they will likely look to replace him with a defensive minded coach,
    and to get someone like that from a division foe would be a coup.
    Now what defensive coach from the AFCS that is looking to become a HC could they possibly get...:evil:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar