Dumb Thread Warning : You can only keep one ... VY or Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 10, 2009.

?

who's it going to be?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2010.
  1. keep Fisher, send Young packing

27.1%
  2. keep Young, send Fisher packing

72.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You may be right about the Tampa team being gifted wrapped for Gruden vs. the team he built (many would agree). And as good as Bob Sanders is when healthy, did he really play into them winning against the Bears? I remember that game, but no memories have Bob Sanders in them. Manning yes, Hester yes, Sanders I'm trying but nothing. (He is a defensive guy, so maybe he's lost in a pile somewhere)

2. pettso

pettso Starter

3 fumbles lost, which is all that matters. :rolleyes:

Keep skewing the stats to prove your point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

how bout ryan leaf, jamarcus russel, david carr, tim couch, alex smith, heyward bey to list a few

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Who cares if you have a good winning record if you can't win the big prize...a SuperBowl!! Again, the best example that comes to mind is Tony Romo, he has a 27-12 W/L record and is perfect in Nov with 13-0 but falls apart in Dec. and Jan. and can't win even one Playoff game. He can't produce when it matters! Just like VY I don't think Romo has what it takes to take Dallas all the way, and he's WAY better than Vince!

Which would you rather have, our 10-0 streak and 13-3 record last year or would you have rather been 9-7 like the Cardinals and play in the SB with a chance to take home the big prize?

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I still don't understand your logic here. Romo is in his 4th season as THE GUY in Dallas. And you're right, he hasn't been able to do jack in the playoffs. But VY doesn't have nearly that kind of experience. In case you can't remember here's a breakdown of VY's career so far:

2006: Took over a horrible winless team, we finished 8-8 and just barely missed the playoffs
    2007: 10-6 record, playoffs. I'll give you that he played poorly in that playoff game though
    2008: Only started one game all season.

How you are able to label VY as a guy who can't win in the playoffs when he's only ever played in one PO game is beyond me.

Ermmm.... wasn't KFC our QB last season? I don't see how this applies to your point about Vince.

6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Sounds like you need to also read the original post that I was replying to, the guy said: "I watch games to see us win" then read my "reply". It all applies if you read "both" posts. Plus, they both became starters in 2006, so as far as experience they're pretty close. Too bad for Vince he had to be "demoted" to backup last year.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No I read the previous post. I still don't see the logic in your reply though.

willpower basically said VY wins games. You said "who cares if he can't win the SB", which is ridiculous on so many levels. Then you went on to compare him to Tony Romo, which again is ridiculous. This is Romo's fourth full season as the Cowboys starter. VY on the other hand has started for the Titans for one full season. So it's absurd to compare the two when talking playoff success. Even though they both "became starters" in 2006, they've been in completely different situations since then.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

VY is 8-2 in December in his career, I wouldn't exactly call that falling apart. The best stretch of football he has played in his career was the last 5 games in 2007 where we went 4-1 to make the playoffs on the number and he only had one bad game, which coincidentally was against the same tough defense we lost to in the playoffs.

Don't compare Vince to Romo who can't win in December when Vince has proven he's capable of handling the big games. Again go back and even watch the playoff game, the whole crew at halftime was talking about how VY was outperforming Rivers, then in the 2nd half he only got to throw the ball like 6 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar