Dumb Thread Warning : You can only keep one ... VY or Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 10, 2009.

?

who's it going to be?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2010.
  1. keep Fisher, send Young packing

27.1%
  2. keep Young, send Fisher packing

72.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

D'OH!!! Been one of those weeks at work that required being on auto pilot. Thanks for reminding me. I'll handle it.

2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

If we get rid of Fisher we definitely need to get rid of Vince too as well as Mike Reinfeldt and just start with a fresh slate. We need to be able to draft better in the first couple rounds too. Look at our list of "top pics" since 2003 and other than CJ and Griffin we got nothing but duds. Compare that to to the Steelers over the same period and all of their picks are starters and most are considered elite players and household names. That falls on the scout team and GM so if we're going to clean house let's clean house!

Our Picks:

2008—Chris Johnson
    2007-Michael Griffin
    2006—Vince Young -Flop
    2005—Adam Jones-Flop
    2004—NO PICK
    2003—Andre Woolfolk-Flop

Steelers Picks:

2003 Troy Polamalu
    2004 Ben Roethlisberger
    2005 Heath Miller
    2006 Santonio Holmes
    2007 Lawrence Timmons
    2008 Rashard Mendenhall

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If a superior coach is available - make the change.
    If a superior QB is available - make the change.

4. pettso

pettso Starter

Honestly, our picks aren't THAT bad.

Chris Johnson, arguably the best pick there.
    Michael Griffin, pro bowler (sure he had a few bad games this year, but so did everyone else)
    VY, too early to comment, nowhere near as good as Big Ben though.
    Pacman Jones, really good player, got unlucky that he's a complete retard.

Also, Mendenhall is severely overrated.

5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

That's what I said in the original post, other that CJ and Griffin everything else was pretty much a bust. 2 Out of 6 years isn't exactly good!

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I won a high school championship, and if you give me a Titans jersey I will tell you I will do it again. Put ME in Coach

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Jeff Fisher... Not even close. I'd take Fisher over Chris Johnson. Every player is one play away from a new career.
    Jeff Fisher has given me 10 years of entertainment without much sideshow. Remember, even if the Titans win a Super Bowl we as fans get nothing other than a T-Shirt and a smile, and we gotta pay for the T-Shirt.

8. pettso

pettso Starter

I don't really think VY and Pacman were bad picks though. They're both talented players that just didn't pan out as well as they could/should have.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

What? Sounds like you don't really care if the Titans ever win a Superbowl.
    Well then, Fisher is definitely your man. You can spend the next 10 years being entertained just over 50% of the time, and exiting the playoffs early the few years now and then that you make it.

10. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Isn't it pretty much a fact that VY was gonna be taken regardless of who was coach/gm? If so, it looks like he shouldn't be part of the argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar