DT's?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

With Starks likely gone (or even if he wasn't), getting depth at DT is something I think we could all agree on as a need.

Anyone know what the FA market looks like or have any opinion on these guys? Colin Cole and Tommy Kelly look like two that could upgrade over Starks and hopefully not cost too much. I think both of these guys may have gotten hurt this season though....

I like Dre Moore in the draft, and now Pat Sims could be another option if we go the draft route.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We'll have Haynesworth and Brown as our starters. They'll get back Antonio Johnson who may become a big run-stuffer. They can plug up the fourth spot with Vickerson, a value FA or a mid to late-round draft pick.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Johnson was considered raw when he came in, and he's coming off an ACL. I'm a bit worried about how much he'll be able to help next season.

Vickerson is a big strong guy....but he looks slow. They like quick DT's, but just powerful may not cut it here.

Even with Al here, he can't be trusted to play 16 games. So the idea of just plugging in any guy for the #3 or 4 DT spot is a bit scary.

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Free agents don't look so good. Have to hope for a trade or a release i think.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I thought I'd read Cory Williams name thrown around some, but I'm not sure he's a UFA. GB does have DT depth though, one of those guys could be available kinda like the Bears situation the year before.

6. desfletcher316

True,i think i mentioned him on a previous thread but he wasn't on the list i just seen so i don't know if they have resigned him during the season, thats why i didn't bring him up again. Heard good things about him tho.

7. desfletcher316

Just been doing some digging on him. Can't find anything about him being signed. Won defensive player of the week against the Panthers with 2 sacks and 2 FF. Had 7 sacks this year and 7 last year. Plus he's 6'4 313lbs so he's probably a load against the run to. Definately a player we should look at.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm always skeptical of a player coming back and becoming a good NFL player when hurt during a rookie season.

In the draft, teams look at need and also best available. I certainly wouldn't scratch DT off the list if there is the best available on the board in any of our first 3 rounds.

Like others said, I'm worried about Haynesworth's durability. He has never played a full season.

9. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Redskins are in cap trouble.......I'd watch for Cornelius Griffin

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He's an older guy, but I always thought he was a solid player. Maybe worth a 2-3 year contract if we can get him. Not sure what he'd be worth on a trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar