DTs and their video highlights

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Keeferdog, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Yeah, I'd hate to have a guy that clogs the middle and forces the other team to throw all day and then sacks the qb when he knows its play action because they can't run the ball. I hate those guys in the first round. Lord knows the game isn't won in the trenches!

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Brandon Thompson.

The end.

• High Five High Five x 6
  3. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

A big yes to Brandon Thompson. I watched more of that VT game. He dominated against one of the best rushing teams in the nation. A lot of their DE's get sacks bc Thomposon is penetrating the middle. Also like Jerel Worthy too.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

You're right, please tell us who that player is at 20? Please enlighten me, I would really like to know. In fact, whoever you identify, I'll follow his career and see how dominant a force he becomes.

The interior offensive and defensive lines sustain the most injuries on the field, this was my whole point; it's too risky take those guys high in the draft. 2nd round, sure, I'm totally on board. Would "your" type of DT be available in the 2nd round perhaps, say a Brandon Thompson, Mike Martin, Alameda Ta'amu or Derick Wolfe, just curious?

5. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

I don't know these things and I never pretend to know who we should pick. I'm not a scout. I don't have access to all the game film they watch nor am I able to speak with them. I graduated from the University of Arizona and other than the Titans, they are the only football team I watch every week. That being said, I knew Gronkowski was going to be a beast and I knew Bruschi was going to be a beast. I knew Brooks Reed from the Texans could really get after the QB too. This year we have a WR coming out who is really good, Juron Criner. This guy catches everything and can really go up and get it. He's 6'4". The only problem is he has had trouble staying healthy at times but he always seems to play when gametime rolls around.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I would be just as happy with a DT as a DE. A dominant DT can make the entire line better, and we reall dont have any good DTs after Casey and Klug. And Klug is more for rushing the passer. If we were able to get a dominant DT to pair with casey/klug or our dline would be hard to handle no matter who was at DE, and i dont expect morgan or wimbley to be scrubs either. We still need DE depth though.

It really just depends who is available at our pick. If it were me, I would probably take BPA at DT or DE.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No love for Michael Brockers?

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I would take Penn State DT Still if he were there. A lot of ppl had him going to Carolina before Poe tore up the combine. He would be a steal at 20

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

If the Titans added ONE elite DT (Thompson, Still), the entire line would be anchored and the DE's would wreak havoc...so would Klug or Casey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar