DT #93 Shaun Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Being funny doesn't make you right. Or any more factual.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who's being funny, I'm dead serious, that guy is garbage.

Let me ask you this.

Would you draft a man who can't bench press 225 in the 2nd round of the NFL draft?

I know I sure wouldn't, especially at a position that requires you to go up against 320lb players.

Marks was drafted to fit Washburns scheme, being fast and able to move well was what got him drafted, but if you're on your back, you aint going anywhere. That's why his sorry azz has what 1.5 sacks in 3 years? He's terrible.

Cut that man and move on.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68068&draftyear=2009&genpos=dt

Says here he benched 225 16 times at his pro-day.

4. JCBRAVE

Which is a damn joke. I benched that as a senior in high school, and I was only 185lbs then.

But Marks absolutely swear to God couldn't bench 225 a single time his years in Auburn. Which I find incredibly nuts since thats a major program. He talks about it, thats the only way I know about it.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I was a junior at 147 lbs hitting 210... And I'm a medium frame guy...marks is a giant compared to me...wtf is going on.

6. JCBRAVE

He's like 500 other guys I know, he's just a regular guy. If he was a blue chip player, he'd have hit the weights early, like 9th-10th grade, but he chose to kick it, play around, and never dedicated himself to football. It wasn't til right up towards the end of his college career he realized he could be something. Then he hit the weights hard, starting doing all the little things to be great. But he's simply 5 years behind most great NFL talents. He MIGHT be like a Jason Babin some day. He has great feet, but NO upper body power at all. If he stays around another few years, he'll eventually be alright. He's a good guy, I think he may do it, but right now he needs to stop wasting a roster spot on our team.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I could outbench all of ya!

Marks simply has been a major disappointment!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm a small guy now (5'7" 150 lbs), but I was tiny before I hit my growth spurt in high school. I was embarassed about my size and knew that I was going to have to lift weights in school to get a "varsity sports" credit, so I worked out on my own like mad. I weighed 110 and max'd 205. I was shocked to see that several of the bigger guys on the football team couldn't bench that. I wasn't stronger than them, I was just better at lifting weights at that point. Many of them doubled their max by the time they were out of school

9. JCBRAVE

10. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

At 5'2" in high school at 165 I was repping 230.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar