Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

DT #93 Shaun Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $456
    I hope we keep him over Marks if push comes to shove.
  1. TNTitans58 Rookie

Moolah:
    $40
    Don't know anything about how he played but I know one thing....Marks was a horrible 2nd round pick....he is just awful
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $162
    at least Marks makes up for his lack of talent by being stupid and lazy - hes got it all
  2. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,349
    No, his knees are done. Nobody else signed him for a reason.

But DT is definitely still a HUGE need. Marks & Smith are average at best.

If they're going to keep Klug at DT, start him next year on a consistent basis next to Casey.
  3. BiscoPhan11 Starter

Casey
    Moolah:
    $267
    He knows all of that, we just miss the guy.
  4. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,069
    Smith went from our #1 DT to our #4 DT so why bother keeping him around if we can upgrade?

Marks has been a disappointment but he has improved with each year and could get better. Smith can't get better.

Marks was starting and Smith barely playing by the end of the year.

If they think Clayton can play at all then he should replace Smith next year unless they want to keep 5 DTs.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $162
    late ins sundays game Marks managed to get his girlish hands on the 11th string cow RB who bounced away from the x-bammerlander. Marks dont tackle, most Titans dont but Marks takes not getting the tackle to another level.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $523
    I agree. He's a big body but he's fat and out of shape. He's already stated that his offseason goal is to lose weight and get fitter. He's aslo let his temper get the better of him and caused a few penalties.

Marks development has been slow but he's improved late in the season and is certainly better than Smith. I would cut Smith and move on.
    • Staff / Moderator
    • Tip Jar Donor

Titanium TITANFN

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $50
    I don't care for him as a person. He had an incident with a reporter in the locker room and he was totally out of line. A reporter was talking with another player (ex PSU) player about the whole Paterno thing, and Shaun mouthed off obscenities during the interview. I think he was trying to be funny, but he was just being a jerk. His "mouth" is awful on twitter. He has an uncontrollable temper and I think he is just an average football player.

His fans want him back in KC, I wish he would make them happy.
    1 people high five this.
  5. EnglandTitan66 Rookie

Moolah:
    $125
    Smith would have to show a huge amount of improvement to his fitness and the lights would have to come on for Marks big-time if I was going to keep either around next year.

DT is a huge weakness at the moment excepting Casey. I'd put Jones back inside if his body could take it and draft or get a DE through FA.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.