Dsl

Discussion in 'Gear' started by VolnTitan, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Star...

I did that twice to get the $19.99 per month, but I had to keep basic cable at $13 plus to do so. Each time at one point I had to be on the phone for over 2 hours having to deal with billing mistakes. With this deal, it is cheaper than having to pay $19.99 plus $13. They don't care about the internet as much as losing a TV household for advertising. But their billing and customer service is just awful.

One thing that is weird with Bellsouth so far is the guy at ATT today said that I would get DSL Extreme, but my order when I check online says DSL Ultra and that Extreme isn't available at my number. I think this is a mistake because someone in a neighborhood nearby had the same thing. So we shall see. Should have the kit in this week. Will keep everyone posted.

2. Ahhh... "billing mistakes" happen a lot...

It's possible you may be far enough away from the phone company's hardware that you can't get top speed. You might check with them about that.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How far away are we from the cell phone companies having something to rival cable?

Had a friend who had the Verizon service. It was extremely slow but was connected everywhere we traveled.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Guy I work with lives in a nearby neighborhood (Maplewood for point of ref. for TJ) and has DSL. He says his kids do online 360 and lan parties with that Warcraft deal. Says it is plenty fast.

5. The problem for cell connections, other than speed, is bandwidth limitations. They offer "unlimited" service, but in fact they do limit your total download capacity. If you are just checking your email or surfing the web, you are probably fine. But if you have any plan of downloading lots of video, forget it. Even if it's legal and you want to download movies from iTunes. I believe that would kill gaming, too.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is you, isn't it?
    [​IMG]

7. That is so not true!

I don't have a laptop...
    :geek:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

she should come up with a better punchline, SK's was better

I hope she's not referring to Nashville's local
    where did she 'work' ?

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Hey Puck...

Not really sure. She is now our scheduler at the post facility I work at. I think she probably worked at Opryland.

And that is probably the limits of the humor.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar