Drew Brees: HOFer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 8, 2010.

?
  1. Yup

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, still has something to prove

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He needs a league MVP or 2 (and should have had it last season) and he'll be a certainty.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That may be the worst assessment of Drew Brees's status in the NFL that I've ever heard. Nothing to earn it? How about SB MVP, the guy that took the lowly New Orleans Aints and made them Super Bowl champions in a few short years.

And please, show me the stats of Kerry Collins that make him a HOF QB. Those were Drew Brees's stats over the last five years, showing that in that span there hasn't been a better QB. When you play in the same league as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, that's quite an achievement. Kerry Collins never dominated anything other then a fifth of vodka

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm really surprised at so many folks giving Brees little love. If Brees is not a lock then I want to know what the requirements are because he is near perfect.

Go look at legendary, HoF QBs... compare them and you'll find that Drew Brees is better than 90% of them.

JC, that was a pretty silly comparison you made, saying that if you look at Kerry's numbers over a few years he'd be a hall of famer. That simply isn't true.

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but Kerry's best single season passer rating was 85.4. Brees just came off a season in which he had a passer rating of 109.6, won the Super Bowl and was MVP.

Collins' career QB rating: 73.5
    Brees' career QB rating: 91.9

Collins has had 7 seasons with more INTs than TDs. Brees has had one. The comparison is more than laughable.

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

In order to consider him for the HOF now, he must be compared with the longevity and success of the current crop of Superstar QB's like Manning, Favre and Brady. He's not there yet, but that's not to say he won't be in 5 more seasons. His first 5 years with the Chargers were decent, better than average, but definitely not Superstar seasons. He's only had 4 great seasons so far....too early.

Comparing his stats and numbers with QB's from prior era's is not a good gauge at all, the game has changed substantially over the past 50 years.

I voted "maybe, still has something to prove". If he can keep up this current pace for 5 more years then the maybe should turn to yes.

5. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

Based on what he has done so far, no. If he continues to dominate over the next few years then absolutely.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm gonna have to side with the folks saying he isn't quite there yet. I'm not going to argue his numbers, because I agree they are great. IDK he just doesn't feel like a HoF'er to me at this point. I really can't explain it. Another couple of great seasons and SB victory, or like Gunny said a league MVP and I'd probably change my tune.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's broken records that Peyton will never break.

He's been the best QB in the league for the last 3 years (yes, better than Peyton in almost every category)...

and has a Super Bowl win.... with New Orleans of all teams- oh and while completely taking Manning to school during.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The reason he doesn't FEEL like it is because regardless of how great he is- ESPN will continue shoving Peyton Manning down everyone's throat. They'll never admit anyone is better than Rocky Dennis.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He had one amazing year with the Chargers that got his name out there... he followed that season with a solid performance as well.

2004: 3,159 yds, 27 TDs, 7 INTs, 104.8 QB rating
    2005: 3,576 yds, 24 TDs, 15 INTs, 89.2 QB rating

Then he signed with the Saints. I know he would've cost tons of money, but we should've signed him. And I'm not saying this in hindsight. At 15 years old, I was hoping and praying we'd be smart* enough to sign a franchise quarterback.

*unfortunately the Titans are never smart with free agent signings

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The biggest strike against Drew Brees is that he's on MY FFL team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar