Drew Brees: HOFer?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 8, 2010.

?
  1. Yup

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, still has something to prove

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

To me, the answer is clearly yes. If you look at the past few seasons, he has obliterated the NFL's defenses. He puts up what seems like 4,000 and 30 every year, and the guy has the best accuracy of any QB in the league, maybe ever. Just wanted your opinions...

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes.

Hopefully the Madden curse doesn't do him in.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I caught the Madden Curse...I was tricked into buying that garbage for the past three years.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's really good, but I'd have to sit and think about it. He's in his prime, HOF and Drew Brees are two things I really haven't given much thought. If he goes the way the HOF is, he'll have to do it for some more years the way he's been doing it. Not that he's not one of the best to play, but he's just getting going. He's got possibly another five years from considering asking Favre for advice. Saints if healthy are a problem maybe like the Patriots were for some time. But let's see him dodge the Madden curse, and Jared Allen first.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If winning a Super Bowl is the line then look out Canton here comes Trent Dilfer..
    Brees needs to go push little further for the Hall.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well you can easily argue that for the past three years Drew Brees has been the best QB in the NFL. I agree, it should take more then one season to earn your spot in Canton, but I don't ever remember Trent Dilfer annihilating teams through the air week in and week out. Especailly with some of the no name receivers that Brees has turned into superstars. Especially with a questionable running game...idk.

Past 5 seasons for Drew Brees:
    21,800 yards
    146 TD
    72 INT
    ~67%
    1 Super Bowl MVP

Those are HOF numbers, friend

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Still not enough for me.. But I'm not a HOF voter nor will I ever be..
    IMO the hall should be set aside for players with profound careers. Brees isn't there yet though he may be the best QB in the league currently.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Brees is amazing. Dilfer sucks. Polar opposites at their position.

Besides... Drew Brees embodies the modern quarterback.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin have numbers too, but nobody is going to vote them in because they are not memorable. They have no fame. Drew Brees is not memorable. He's made no mark on the league yet, nor on the minds of the fans. He's real good. But he's done nothing to earn it yet. What about Drew Brees has "Fame" tied to it. In New Orleans he is a hero, but nationally he has no image. The only way right now that he gets in is if the career numbers make him #1 all time or he wins 3 superbowls. He's teetering on the edge of nobody really cares about him outside New Orleans. Even McNair had a tough guy image so I think McNair brought more to the table than Brees will, and we all know McNair was on the outside looking in. Drew needs a moment. Something is missing right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Adding stats over several years would put Kerry Collins in the HOF, and I know not a soul would do that. Drew Brees is not HOF yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar