Drew Bledsoe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2008, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

One area of our team that I don't see anyone mentioning is our gaping hole at backup qb going into next season. Kerry Collins wasn't happy about being benched and probably won't be back next season. Drew Bledsoe is probably done in Dallas unless he wants to remain as a backup next year. More likely, he will ask for a release, look for a starting gig for next season and wind up realizing what everyone else already knows - he's no longer a starting qb in this league. Then I'd guess he'll be looking to go to the highest bidder as a backup since he already has a ring. Young is clearly the starter, but we will need a backup badly. Bledsoe could come in and win games for us should Young get hurt imo. Thoughts?

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I love Drew (Go Cougs!), but the guy is done. No thanks.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Meh. I like Warner a little more, and think he'd fit this O a little more.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:shocked:

warner is done. he cant even take a snap from center anymore.

we need someone who will embrace being a backup/mentor, not someone who has openly said "i would rather retire than finish my career as a backup" like bledose has.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Can't take a snap from center anymore?

If he is done, Bledsoe is just as done, or even overcooked.

6. Fry

yeah, he has fumbled a lot of center-qb exachanges this year. that was the main reason he was benched in favor of leinart.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A saw a few on ESPN, but take much of what they say with a grain of salt.

8. Fry

he's also had 31 fumbles in the past three years.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He has fumbled a lot. I doubt they are mostly from under center, they're probably from sacks. I'd like to draft a good backup, may not even mind drafting one fairly early like the Falcons did in the 3rd round.

But as far as veteran backups, I doubt there will be much better than Warner. Seems like he's gotten a little bit of a bad rap.

10. Nash

Nash Starter

is mauck not a capable backup.. i mean let him be #2, then draft a project next year for #3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar