Drew bennett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kburke, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

give Vince a week (or 2) to work with the first team offense and get his mind right...you cant expect him to be lights out when Fish just throws him in.

the best time to work VY in as the starter is right now. he'll get a week to himself to focus and get mentally prepared, and the other week will be spent with the first team offense and game planning against Jacksonville. dont base your decision of Young right now by 2 appearances when we were down 59-0 and 31-9.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

and you know this from 5 passes that meant nothing and from watching him hand the ball off..

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Drew dropping so many of his passes probably shattered his confidence.

4. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

You mean the same drew Bennett that left tennessee and never had the mental capacity to be a good receiver ever again. Yeah that drew Bennett

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Drew Bennett has no credibility whatsoever. That's the clown that let a Superbowl Appearance slip through his hands up in New England. That play sits worse with me than being 1 yard short.

6. amy

amy Starter

Bennett used the term 'mental capacity' the first time then later in the comments, he amended it to words that were not as terse. I forget the words he used, but he must have felt it necessary to qualify what he had said previously.
    It certainly was not polticially correct, but I think it was likely accurate. And I really think that if Fisher thought VY could handle the game, he would have played him already. So unless Bud insists, Vince probably will see little playing time until we lose the 12th game or so.

jmo

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

What the hell is going to be your excuse when he starts the rest of the year and absolutely blows?

"Well it's just garbage time games and a garbage time season"

Ever think for just a second Vince Young is garbage?

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

its more of give him a fair chance to see if he is the future of our franchise, cmon we just got handed the worst defeat ever in this franchise. We know the season is over we must look till next year, hence why we should trade some players for draft picks but our front office is probably not that smart. Now for QB situation I think VY should be given the start, I want to know if he can be our QB of the future. I am a fan of VY and I am pulling for him but if he shows no promise with two weeks of practice under the starters (if jeff switches them this week ) then ill say we look for a new QB.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well we will find out soon.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I have a feeling Bennett knows VY well enough to be able to make a simple judgment such as he is the dumbest QB I have ever played with in the NFL and it seems like he is clueless out there and simply doesn't get it.

People can gloss that over and in their fantasy world assume Bennett is a VY hater but I believe he is being honest and knows what he is talking about. Sure poke fun at Bennett because he had bad knees and isn't playing like that disqualifies the guy from knowing a retard when he sees one.

Bennett also played QB in college so he has some clue what playing the position takes.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar