Drew Bennett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mcmojo, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Great, We agree..
    And i was starting to think you were Drew Bennett the way you started your post with all the muzzle talk. :ha:

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Yeah so you and me are cool. But how do you know im not Drew Bennett, Seriously.:))

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I assume his keyboard is burnt out because of all the butter which drops down from his fingers.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

What about that Vince throwing so many incompletions? Should we cut his salary too?

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Finally, some sanity surfaces.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

7. No, he won't be easy to replace right away. But he's an average #2 WR in the NFL, so it's not like they are trying to replace Marvin Harrison here...

And that's why he's going to likely be more expensive to keep than he's worth.

Jones has #1 potential. He certainly isn't proven, but it's clear that he should be a solid starter at worst. They just need another starter.

I agree here. But I can see drafting a WR on day 1 to replace him rather than going with a veteran since the market apparently is pretty bare.

I wouldn't trade much for McCareins, maybe a 7th round pick just to make sure we get him if we want him (not convinced he's worth $3M next year). But if Bennett is gone I'd certainly be willing to bring JMac back. He might be willing to take a 1-year deal and a starting job and hope he can up his numbers before becoming a free agent again.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Roby was a day one pick. A guy like him ought to do it right?
    Or we could use our first rounder on Jarret and hope he isn't another Mike Williams. At least Bennett is proven which is saying alot. I do agree with the Givens signing and Bennett's salary demands we may not re-sign Bennett but it doesn't mean we will have a comparable player in place soon at all.

I just hope Roby or Williams (and maybe Orr) can step up and fill the void.

9. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

I would just hate to loose such a productive player. But at least we have Givens, and Jones

10. Yes, Bennett is proven. He also has clearly hit his ceiling as well. I see no problem in looking to the future at WR. And no, they won't necessarily get a comparable replacement for 2007. But that's part of building an NFL team.

As for the draft, there appears to be a ton of talented WRs available. I'd have no problem drafting someone in the 2nd round to replace Bennett if he leaves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar