Drew Bennett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mcmojo, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I actually make that comparison all the time. This is where I see Drew being toward the end of his career, and that's a pretty good thing.

2. And last year he dropped 1 versus 23 catches. He doesn't have any real history of iffy hands to complain about.

3. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

well also Bennett dropped countless numbers of deep balls that landed right in his hands. And who caugt the game tieing score in the giants game. Yep Brandon Jones.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I like Brandon Jones a lot, but I have to say, I fail to see how a guy who has yet to break 400 receiving yards in a full season can be counted on as a #1 receiver - though I will say he led the team in receiving TDs with...4.

Re-sign Drew. Give him an option that triggers more years if you want, but it would just be plain silly to not have him next year at least. I do wonder what we can get for him on the open market in a trade, say (I wonder how high a draft pick, actually), but I will be highly surprised if he's not here.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I don't recall Drew dropping any deep balls that hit him in stride. Maybe you can refresh my memory. I do recall him catching a pass in triple coverage against the Colts for a TD. I also recall Drew being wide open in the Buffalo game for a sure TD and Jones tipped the ball away. Is that the play you are thinking about when Drew dropped a deep ball....or the one where Vince underthrew him and he tried to catch it sitting down?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i recall that happening in the jags game, not the bills. bj just saved him from dropping another one.

7. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

well i was harsh but our WR corps as a whole really dropped the ball on a lot of opportunities. Now that is true. But from all the drops opened the running game and Travis Henry.

8. I remember Jones shieing away from the big hit once or twice, its common amongst receivers...

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

They still want to play. If you don't shieve away from a hit sometimes your career is over.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

A good QB will try to avoid setting up receivers with "hospital passes" if he can, but with rookies it happens a lot. Things will improve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar