Drew Bennett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I think there was three possible scenarios...

1. The addition of Givens has given immediate relief from Bennett?
    2. Bennett is just faster this year?
    3. Bennett is better route runner?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

or maybe miami's corner sucks? i think he was a backup/replacement for an underachiever.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Bennett has always been able to get open deep. Collins flat out missed him several times. Now whether or not Drew would have caught them all....we'll I'd guess he'd catch at least half :gag:

4. well that half is more than what calico did

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

of course Givens benefits Benett
    so does Wade

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'm still on the fence about Drew. When he's good, he's real good, but when he's bad, it's REALLY expensive.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Well, I guess. I have him on one of my fantasy teams this year. He has been solid. But as I watch the games, I realize how much he's been actually open this year. A lot more than I recall from years past. Maybe it's the QB overthrowing him which is calling attention, I am not sure.

he is doing a good job getting open. Hopefully, he stays healthy all year.

8. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Givens is catching the ball.....

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Bennett is good for one drop per half, usually when it matters. He has had the "drops" since the New England playoff game several years ago. I remember it well, 4th down throw from #9 bennett is doubled and goes up, the db should have been called for interference but drew didn't get the call, has both hands on the ball and it drops to the ground. Would have been a 1st down around the pats 25 yard line. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.:hmm:

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bennett has always been a great route runner and able to get seperation. Bennett has also made a bunch of huge catches for this team. Bennett does occasionally drop a pass but so does TO. If Bennett has a QB that can deliver him the ball and an OL that can give the QB time he can put up monster numbers.

Oh, the addition of Givens has done little to help Drew. Until Givens does more than he has no team is going to focus on him. Givens has never been a dominating WR in the NFL anyway and a guy who the defense would double up on. What helps Drew and Givens more than anything is our TEs. With Troupe and Scaife able to get down field the safties are forced to not cheat to one of the wideouts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar