Drew Bennett to visit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by merlin, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We don't need this -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Drew is naturally catchable free

[​IMG]

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I will pass or drop the drew bennett idea. Bennett drops to many balls and lacks speed. I like our core much better with Britt and Washington.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I distinctly remember a DOG penalty that cost the playoff run... McNair was quite visibly pissed about it... must be a different game.

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Is he a downgrade to the worst we have now (ie. Paul Williams)? No.
    Would he be overpriced? Probably not.

Look, I know we're loaded at receiver, but we're not necessarily loaded with talent yet. Drew does indeed drop balls, but back in his best years, he seemed to know how to get open. Problem is, if his injuries are really that bad, he probably can't do that too well anymore.

Basically, a year of McCareins wasn't pretty, but we're past that now, and besides, if it doesn't pan out, then just don't put him on the field. Doesn't seem too big a risk, I liked him back in the day.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Jeff's right that it's your typical "updating the files" type of visit. At least for now (boy, it better be). I think the Titans want to have an assessment of the rookies, and Hawkins' development, in particular.

Early signs show the Titans want Britt to take on as much as he can handle so he can make a contribution. I think Bennett's chance depends on Britt and Hawkins. I'm afraid Drew wouldn't be much more than a backup for Justin Gage.

Hopefully we decide to not go down this road again. I would rather Amani Toomer myself, and I don't want either one right now.

I could see Drew in Cleveland to replace Joe Jurevicius easily, especially with Stallworth out of the picture.

Is it just me, or is there something to a guy saying "not to be the #1 or anything" when the current "#1" is Justin Gage? That's a red flag to me. Seems Drew hit his ceiling in 2004/2005.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I will not be happy if Bennett is signed by Tennessee. I am against it.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think we need another player that blows clutch plays. Particularly an injured 30 year old receiver with 1 catch last season.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Hawkins if we are at all serious about Bennett.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Ditto.

After everything positive that's happened to our offence in FA and the Draft I think it's an incredibly negative step to be looking at Bennett now.I really like Drew but I don't want to see him on the roster again.

Maybe they have a huge stock of Bennett #83 jerseys they're hoping to move.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I am for the Titans resigning him. It does tell me the front office doesn't have a lot of faith in quite a few of the WR's that is on the team right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar