Drew Bennett to visit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by merlin, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

He was a QB at UCLA. I assume he could still throw the ball and run an offense as an emergency QB if needed. Little money and since he can play dual positions, frees up a roster spot for a DB signing . Didn't we have a kicker as the #3 a few years back? In the past, players were able to play multiple positions.

BTW.....V-8 works great with hangovers.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I fault the refs.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

AFC Championship Game?

versus the Raiders?
    :huh:
    no. "4th and 12" as I posted was not a reference to a 4th and 23 drop in an AFCCG. It was a reference to a 4th and 12 drop in the Divisional playoffs... recall that window of opprotunity that slammed shut? Well, that pretty much pinpoints it...

from wikipedia...
    that ain't delay of game... holding happens... grounding happens... you want to blame the coaches for that?

I'd blame the 4 degree temperature before I blamed coaching... the ball touched his hand. I don't care how cold it is. That was the season... he makes the 4th and 12 catch... 1st down Tennessee... fg to tie, td wins... would have been a rz possession.

Drop that ball and go home and watch the Patriots play in the AFCCG instead of the Titans...

however... It's not like Drew had a chronic case of the dropsies... It's not like anyone ever nicknamed the guy Teflon Drew or anything... :sarcasm:

4. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Can he play special teams? At best he'd be our #4 wideout on this team, and I'm pretty sure #4 - #6 wideouts on this team need to play ST.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Can't hurt. He'd be an upgrade over Paul Williams. Look at the WR core now
    Gage
    Washington
    Britt
    Hawkins
    Bennett

that would leave Edison, Davis, Paul Williams, and any UDFA to compete 2-3 spots

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Pass. It would be like bringing McCairens back...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

you think it would be that bad?

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Maybe not as bad, but bad nonetheless...

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I tend to agree...

let me ask you this man... do you think he could have been a difference maker last year? Although I shy away from wanting to see them bring him back... I'm thinking a bag of PenningtonĀ® Smart Seedā„¢ split out wide could have been the difference for us... the receivers should be good now... with Washington, Britt... Gage... and whomever...

but were trying to get better... not be the same...

Bennett last year, I feel could have contributed...
    but the idea of him joining the team now just feels like a lateral move, if not a step back.

10. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Well I'm not really excited or thrilled about this but I wouldn't be upset if they signed him for cheap. I think he would be an upgrade over JMac if we are looking to fill in where JMac would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar