Dreamin of Boldin??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

if T.O. was so great he wouldn't be onto his 4th team.

Didn't Dallas just straight cut him?
    He wasn't even traded. I believe he was just cut.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Because Dallas are morons. Morons with a great stadium thought lol

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

T.O also catches 80 balls a year and has more passes go his way.

when justin gage breaks 70 catches or 1000 yards, talk about him being a good WR. until then, it's all wishful thinking.

4. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

Don't let him being a dbag get in the way of the fact that he is a very productive wide receiver. He has hall of fame numbers and is one of the best of his era. Outside of Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison in the last 10 years who even comes close to being better?

All I was saying is Gage should not be judged on a few drops because ALL wide receivers have some drops. Gage has also made some very tough catches as well. We do not throw it that much..you cannot expect HUGE numbers from our wide receivers....although i do predict they will be better this year.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Your post has epic failure written all over it.

You're calling Gage out for a drop in a freakin preseason game when he's made TD catches like the one against Pitt last year, holding onto the ball even when the best SS in the league gave him a nasty pop?
    Not to mention the 135 yards during the Ratbird game that Ubiq mentions.

Wow. Just...wow.

And when the Titans switch from a RUN FIRST team to a pass happy team like the Pats, thus allowing more opportunities for Gage to catch more passes and get more yards, THEN you can come back and lecture us on Gage's subpar yards. :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Gage is a poor mans star. He handles his job the best he can, and I cant knock that. Gage to me is no better than a third WR. He gets to start ONLY in Tennessee, nowhere else. I like him, and wouldn't hope for his departure anytime soon, but if we are to contend with New England, Pittsburgh, and Indy then we need a real No. 1 WR that we know can catch 3rd and long passes. Washington isn't that guy either, but might be able to be something because of speed (remember: speed kills). I like Britt's chances to be our starter at some point, and that's after I thought he was picked way to early, but now I'm a believer. To pursue a guy of Boldin's magnitude would put this team in disarray. Not because Boldin is a trouble maker, but because we have our 1, 2, & 3 WR in house, just a little scrambled up at the moment. Brandon Marshall also is another guy we cant stop dreaming of acquiring but he too isn't fit for a Titans jersey. We know the Titans only bring in average WR's so if they did get another WR it wouldn't be a pro bowler looking for a payday.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

do we even throw the ball at any one receiver 70 times a season ?

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ok, can't let this go. Gage couldn't start on ANY other team? Seriously? I think he'd start at least for the Jags, Dolphins, Jets, Rams, and maybe on the Chiefs, Raiders, Bucs, or Lions. He may not be a top level WR, but he's certainly an NFL starter for quite a few teams. He would be the 3rd best WR on quite a few teams, but so would plenty of WRs. We're a run focused team, and we get a lot of production out of our investment in Gage. How in the world do you know that Washington isn't that guy? I'd agree that it's possible that Britt will be our #1 someday, and maybe a truly top tier WR, but that has yet to be seen.

If anything, this season defied the idea that we never do anything about getting decent WRs. We got a solid free agent WR who at the least should be a dependable #2, and a 1st round WR. Really, what more action can a team take in one season at one position?

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Gage would be a solid #2 on most teams and if he was in a system with an elite QB with a more wide open offense his numbers would be darn good.

There is this ridiculous idea if you aren't Fitzgerald or Moss you can't catch a 3rd and long pass.

10. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

Never hate on Gage. Hes prolly a top 3 wr in the AFC south(R.wayne, A.johnson). The ravens game is a great example of why we should give mad respect for 12 Gage, he averaged more then a first down per catch. Nate was brought in to strech the feild and create room underneath for Bo, Cook, KB, and CJ. Why do we have to have Boldin to be a great offence??? Titans football isnt about flashy plays down field its about beating the oppnent til they cant take any more. If you dont like our wr then dont bother to comment and cry about them until they let us down...........shoot we did have the best record in the AFC last year they must be doing something right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar