Dream Team Draft: missed pick proposals

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by citizenthom, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Lets go I got some good picks to make.
    :)

2. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I'll give the team to whomever PMs me first. Till then consider TheSureThing's team on hiatus.

If we were just waiting 10 minutes on teams I'd be fine stopping every time. But every two picks someone misses adds a whole day to the process. That's why I like putting the offending team on "pause."

Gut: at this point there are enough legit Pro Bowlers and top tier guys on the Board that I'm not worried about a "dog team" scenario. IMO as lng as we fill the slot by Round 7 we're cool on that front.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Issue 1: Option 2
    Issue 2: Option 2 (although I think it would be easier to just make up the picks at your regular slot in the round, rather than at the end.)

4. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Is the league about to fold?
    Lets keep drafting while we figure this out.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I agree...

If we are giving his team to someone else, I know my friend won't be interested unless he is assured he has the team til the end even if the original owner comes back. Commish...what say you?

I made the suggestion we go with NFL draft rules that when your clock expires the next team can make their pick. Putting a team on pause or dropping them to the end of the round is more harsh then letting everyone race to the podium. Plus, it will give people incentive to pick within their clock and if someone's expires, to hurry up and pick immediately - thereby speeding up the draft. I vote for this. It is as easy as ANY system and follows NFL rules. This is what I vote for.

I texted my friend but he's asleep right now so I won't hear til morning.

To be clear, the draft is paused until this is sorted out and I am NOT on the clock, correct?

I also vote that whomever takes the team shall get back to back picks to make up for these 2 missed picks and we should go back and start from the end of the previous round - whether you want to allow them to pick in their regular spot or make two picks at the end of the round...your call.

Gut

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

If we want a competitive 10th team and we are finding someone tonight or tomorrow to take the team and are going back to last round, there is no point in moving forward other than to give us more of an advantage and that 1 team more of a disadvantage.

The point of making a draft order the way we did is to give everyone an equal chance instead of someone being unlucky enough to always select 32 every round.

Gut

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Let us know as soon as you give someone his team please. Also, is the replacement keeping this team to the end even if TheSureThing comes back?

What's the difference between putting them on 'pause' versus letting them pick when they get their card in? The advantage is that giving people an opportunity to pick when they know the original slot holder can make a pick at anytime is to speed up the draft! This is what we want, isn't it?

Let's suppose the team is on hiatus til the end of round 6. So this team has currently only made 2 picks so they'd have missed 4 rounds of talent compared to everyone else.4x9=36 So he will have lost out on 38 players. Some positions are already thin in top notch talent or depleted. While you can still get some good players at specific positions, some other positions will have no elite players to choose limiting the options a savy draft person can select and drastically affecting overall team strategy.

Gut

8. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Yes, the new GM will have the team for good, period.

The reason for an all-out "pause" is so that we're not waiting 12 hours for EVERY card.

Gut, you can go ahead and pick. That gets the ball rolling through tomorrow, and we'll have SOMEBODY by the time that team gets its makeup picks.

No one has PMed me yet, so Gut, if your boy hurries he can get in. Like I said, it'll be first come.

Our power is out here and I need to conserve phone battery, so I won't be updating more till after court tomorrow morning.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I vote we do it in the actual draft style proposed by Gut. I also propose that we let his friends permanently take over the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar