Dream Team Draft: Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by citizenthom, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Well, put Ware's hand on the ground and you've got a nasty DE combo.

I guess part of your vote totals will be a vote on how well Super Mario fits into the Texans' new system, eh?

2. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

I'm torn between building the team I want and score points w/ voters.

3. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I know what you mean, Ed. I'm just going to trust in the football IQ of our fellow Titans fans. :)

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

So we are back waiting for TheSureThing (who apparently hasn't logged on since his 2nd round pick).

Does he get another 12 hours? I think if he misses this slot, we transfer his roster to Gut's mate and let him finish it off.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I continue to support how the NFL draft works. Once your time is up, the next person can pick. But you can still get your card in whenever you do.

For example, if my time expires and Finnebosh is watching the clock, he can make his pick, and if the next person is watching, he can make his pick...but I can get my pick in at any time after my clock has expired.

Two reasons I like this. First, no one is 'penalized' and forced to get their 4th or 5th best player moved to their 27th best player. Second, it will encourage people to pay MORE attention and to pick faster.

Plus, we have moments where someone beats someone to the podium if someone's clock has expired and you're trying to get your pick in before they do!

If we're ONLY voting on the options above, I think any missed pick should be made up by doubling the next pick (one at normal spot and next at end of round). Otherwise, you are killing their team.

IMO anyway...

Gut

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Why? He's left-handed!

Gut

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't like you anymore either for taking Charles. I really wanted to match up Peyton with DeSean with Charles in the backfield. Can you say NIGHTMARE? I was GOING TO!!!

Great picks!

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

In fairness I was 6 hours late in sending him a PM since I made my pick around 2am and was falling asleep (who did I pick again?). I did send him one when I got to work so he still has plenty of time.

Personally, I'd rather not have to PM people to let them know they are on the clock. I get an email every time someone picks so I am already notified automatically.

I think we do need to vote on this PM/don't PM and how we will permanently resolve what happens when your clock expires without you making a selection.

I vote the NFL system in that you can still make your pick any time and only penalized by how many teams beat you to the podium, it will encourage people to pay MORE attention, and can seriously speed up the draft. All good things!

Gut

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I just want to pick before ___________ gets picked!

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

TheSureThing hasn't been on since 05-10-2011 at 02:17 AM, his 2nd round pick. We're what 2-3 rounds past that now? I understand things come up, but he hasn't been on in 2, nearly 3 days. He knew he signed up for this shiz and should be checking more, unless something happened. I say we get another fill-in to make his picks, and if TheSureThing comes back and wants his team back he can have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar