Dream Team Draft: Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by citizenthom, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's cool to see the different football philosophies at play so far. Mine was to build a defense that is as strong as possible up the middle.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah my philosophie got a little messed up with some impact players I wanted taken... so Plan B I guess. Honestly I wanted to get Clay Matthews and Ngata with my next picks.

Ware - Matthews off the edge, Ngata in the middle..
    That would be a scarrrrry team.

3. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

All right guys, Carpy tells me that he did not send a PM to TheSureThing after he picked. We need to make sure we're doing that: some guys may be monitoring when they need to be online that way.

I don't feel great about taking the pick away from him entirely given that the PM rule wasn't followed; nor do I think it's an excuse not to check back ALL DAY. My thought was to let TheSureThing double up on his Round 4 pick, which will be pretty late in the fourth, so he's still missing a lot of the elite guys. But I want to put it to a vote

Given that he did not receive the "on the clock" PM, what should happen with TheSureThing's pick?

1. Let him pick twice in the fourth
    2. Make him make up the pick in the 27th round

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think it might be fair to just let anyone who misses their pick have 2 picks in a row in the next round. Stuff comes up and we can't all be online all the time. Getting your pick pushed back a round is probably enough punishment.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Unless that blitzer is making him scramble to his left, then he's ####ed.

6. Finnebosch

The dude had a twelve hour window to make his pick. PM or no PM that is a reasonable amount of time.

7. Finnebosch

Thx. I had Hali as my second ranked pass rusher.

It was between him and Peppers.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

True that.

True that.

I think the PM'ing is silly. How hard is it to click on this thread and look if it's your turn? Not hard. I say if they miss both picks, they get to make them up when they get back on. Wherever the draft is.

9. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I lean toward that solution too, XP. It's enough of a deterrent to being late and keeps us from having any total dog teams.

As far as the PMing, let's vote on that. My thing right now iz that when TST missed his pick it WAS a rule, dumb or not, but we can vote to change it going forward.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I didn't receive a PM from TheSureThing previous round so I doubt he was relying on a PM from me in the next round.

If I miss a pick because I can't log on for 12 hours, I fully accept the draft needs to keep moving. That's my responsibility - and I understand life happens, but them's the breaks.

I am ok with the double pick next time you are on the clock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar