Dream Team Draft: Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by citizenthom, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Sorry, I meant the blitzer come from the left side of the defense and chases Vick to his right. Vick is noticeably less effective when forced to scramble to his right rather then his left.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Gut has the nastiest secondary so far.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The problem is, I don't know anyone who will want to fill in and draft like it's their team only to have the original owner come back at anytime and take the team back.

In the meantime, I think we should vote on how we are going to handle time expiration as 3 different systems have been offered.

His time is up around 2pm or a little thereafter. I can text my friend and see if he wants to take control of the team but he might want it to be HIS team til the end if he's taking it over.

Suggestion, comments?

Gut

4. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

How about doing it like online poker: once you miss a pick you are considered AWOL unless and until you show back up? So if TheSureThing misses his next pick as well, we just go like he isn't there until he comes back here and says he's back. At that point he gets to start picking again and gets his "makeup picks" at the end of the round in which he shows up.

Ex.: TheSureThing misses this next pick at 2 P.M., then comes back after TBaker makes his next two picks. He would then get to pick 5:3 as usual. Then at the end of the 5th round (after Sargo's fifth-round pick), he would get two makeup picks.

That seems to be in line with what everyone wants: don't waste time waiting on people, but also don't absolutely destroy one team if something serious comes up.

TheSureThing's a pretty active poster; I can't imagine he'll be gone till like Round 20 or something crazy like that.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes:)

I like my secondary so far.

I was hoping Woodson would have been available when I picked since he can play so many different positions! He's a nice guy to have! Would have liked to have Asomugha, Woodson (FS, CB, NB), and Samuel. Samuel is not a good run defender but he's excellent in coverage. I think QB rating in throws against him was something like 31!

I'm curious how people will handle this now that most of the top CB's are gone...

Gut:grrhee:

6. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Exactly the sort of thing we were all hoping for: some people building front-first, some people going with secondary/passing game first, that sort of thing.

Fun times.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The problem is, what if he is gone for the next 5 rounds say. So he's missing out on 5 players talent level and then what...he takes his pick in round 10 and then gets 5 picks in a row at the end of the round?

What if he's out for 10 picks? His team will be toast and we will somewhat have messed up this experience since our teams will be so much more inflated.

Additionally, we will keep waiting through 12 hour blocks for every missed pick and that drastically slows the draft down.

There is no easy solution taking everyone's interests to heart. If he misses this deadline I think we should pause the draft until we vote on how that team will be handled, how make up picks will be handled, and whether or not you need to PM someone when they are on the clock.

I would also add a sped up clock during the day...say 8 hours to make your pick between 8am and 10pm but a 12 hour window after 10 pm. I notice our picks go much faster during the day in general but need to account for people sleeping and not having to wake up at 6am to make a pick to beat the clock.

Thoughts?

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yup...

Or building D up the middle...yikes!

Gut

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Didn't get Ware-Matthews, but pretty happy with the Suggs-Matthews consolation prize.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

This is actually starting to get really hard. I had 5 players at different positions that I was considering for my last pick and I had no idea how everyone else values them. Some may go off the board in the next few picks and some may be there in 4 rounds time. I nearly selected Suggs in round 2, so was surprised he lasted until round 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar