Dramatic differences showing up from last yr to this yr....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What I saw happen Saturday was a dramatic difference to the last several years. Mularkey and his offensive scheme is truly showing a commitment to keeping Mariota healthy. We actually had the TE chip the DE on his way out to his route. This little extra physicality on the DE certainly helped Conklin out. This isn't genius stuff, but last yr Whiz thought it was smart to line up Poutasi 1 on 1 with Watt without any help all game long and this was after Poutasi got abused by the Fins. Just hitting the DE a couple of times on route releases makes the DE start thinking about whether that TE is going to hit him or not. On the longer throw to Sharpe we actually kept 7 guys in to help keep the pocket clean. Again a novel idea that when you run a longer route you need to give your OL a little extra help. Even on the double A gap blitz in which Mariota got flushed and sacked...Murray at least knew which guy he was responsible for unlike Andrews in the Jets game when Mariota got drilled when Andrews blew his assignment....Murray didn't stonewall the Lber but got enough of him to not get Mariota killed.
    We also were very effective with Fowler as the lead blocker...he was MIA last yr.

The other thing that I liked seeing was that several of our starting players last yr were playing deep into the 4th Q in this game. That tells you that our overall roster has improved at the top end.

We still have a ways to go, but I like what I've seen so far this pre-season.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I definitely sense a difference in team attitude and identity. There's a different aura and feel of physicality. It feels really positive. With that said, the roster still has a way to go. This team will be competitive and play in a lot of close games this season. I ultimately expect just 6-7 wins though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

i'll be happy with 6 wins

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I won't be happy with 6 wins next year. Confucius has a theory, if we win 6 games next year.

upload_2016-8-22_20-22-7.png

Confucius say, If Titans win "6" games, they probably SHOULD have won 10 games if it wasn't for Mularkey

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Scrub coaching staff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm more enthused with the attitude and philosophy change than anything. We may win 4 games and we may win 8 games, but for the first time in a while, I can actually say this franchise is progressing. We have an identity.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah these coaches won't be here in a year so...especially if they don't improve

8. aztitans

aztitans Starter

Last I checked, there were no 85 Bears, 99 Rams, or 78 Steelers in this division. In fact the (9-7 Texans who won this division , got beat 30 to 0 in wildcard). The Texans have not played Mariota yet, (he already put 33 on the Colts with Luck and 41 on the Jags and made their defense look like a flag football league team that it is, all of their acquisitions (Kelvin Beachum, Dante Fowler, Myles Jack , Jaylen Ramsey have severe injury issues, they are counting on injured soldiers that might be busts. The Texans have counted primarily on Watt beating 4th string tackles and slow guards (Potusi 5.5 40 time) trying to play tackle when playing the Titans, and then sacking the statue that is Zach. Conklin runs high 4.9s- 5.0 and has manhandled Joey Bosa and Deforest Buckner. He has just enough of that proverbial "Kryptonite " to put Mr. Watt in his place (who might not even be the same player after his back surgery). The Houston Texan offensive line is being rebuilt and will look worse before it gets better ( Duane Brown is a shell of his former self and Brock might be the worst starting QB in the NFL and this pains me being a former ASU graduate myself, my sister is actually a professor at ASU currently. The Titans have the best TE in the division , best two RB's in division , best young QB in the league , best young line ( that 's about to take over the whole AFC) and the WR's will be the beneficiaries of all the ground success. Kendall already has 1,000 on his resume, Sharpe will most likely approach that this year and Mathews had 650 in 11 games last year and is a certified Texan killer. Predictions

Tennessee Titans 10-6 to 12-4
    Jacksonville Jaguars 8-8
    Indianapolis Colts 7-9
    Houston Texans 6-10

• LOL x 4
    • High Five x 1
    • Cheers x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Still very underwhelming starting DB group. I wonder what a starting lineup of Reed and Sims on the outside with Riggs covering the slot..byrad at Free Safety and Stafford at strong safety... A lot of growing pains of course but all these guys have more speed and ball Hawking skills than the guys ahead of them. Maybe one preseason game see what these guys can do

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I will admit, seeing Walker run a reverse was cool last game

So far I'm really liking the offenses plays

Just no more reverses to Sharpe, hes not at all a RB type

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar