Dragon Age: Origins

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Blazing Arrow, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I have been enjoying this game so far. The story is pretty long and tiring but the RPG part of it is definatly fun.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Definitely on my list. Bioware do not fail.

Apparently the PS3 version is noticably superior to the 360 version.

3. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be getting it soon hopefully, it looks real good and I've played and loved alot of bioware games in the past so hopefully they wont let me down

4. Blazing Arrow

I am currently in an Elvin forest and about to fight White Fang some Wearwolf leader. I plan to take his heart and present it to my elvin masters. Yeah I might be a dork but it is a pretty sweet game and you will understand when you get there.

5. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I take it you did the elf origin then? I'm trying to decide between the human noble warrior or a mage. How is the gameplay for each of them?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I hear the story can change based on decisions.

7. Blazing Arrow

Only have played the Elf origin so far but you can play as each type that is in your party. I played it on the hard difficulty which I think I am regretting at this point. The room I just entered has a Skeleton Arch Mage in it that my character can not ever get near. Even if I happen to get next to him he teleports to a different platform and releases a horde of skeletons on me. If I try to kill them he creams my party from a distance. I am sure I will figure it out but I think I need to go back to town which will take 20 minutes to reach. I got to the door where the Werewolf lord is but need a key which I assume the Mage has. Still very enjoyable but the task of getting back to the town to stock up seems pretty lame.

8. Blazing Arrow

The game is a real time role playing game. So if you move out of range of an attacker even if engaged they can not hurt you. At times it helps because you can guy them to chase you will your range team mates can damage then and your abilities recharge.

The story can change very much so and you can ruin tasks if you act like a dick or say the wrong thing. I took some things from chests in the current elf town and pissed off an Elvin warier who would probably have joined my party if I played it better.

In one town if you reveal in conversation that you are part of a certain group you get attacked at almost every turn because they think you are a traitor.

You can even upset party members which I assume if you get there faith too low they will leave. A lot of it is not obvious either. The Grey Warden (Scrapper; front line guy) will react one way while the mage reacts another way.

It reminds me a lot of final fantasy 7 (I think; it was where you were Cloud with Sepheroth).

You can almost always attack anyone in the game as an option. An example is you ask a religious leader who is guarded by a couple guys that you would never be able to take does not accept a request you make and you can attack her. Even if you took her out and the guards the room before her has 3 major heroes along with at least 10 guards. Your character would be dead before you left the building.

Personally I did not like Fable 2. Thought it was very childish and too easy. This is 1000x better IMO. Finish moves on bosses, a ton of character development and relationship development with character that you meet. You are very free to move around the entire world to explore what ever you chose. Decision make or break you. The only think is I am a level 8 and have already been playing it for 8 hours. It is one of those game that take forever to really get to an end point.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I've heard that there are more glitches in the 360 version, but they're mostly graphics issues. which they say look old and dated anyway

I just about jumped into this, but I got busy with work and let it slip. it had everything going for it
    Bioware
    RPG
    Dragons
    hell, if I ever have to make a final list (of anything) those 3 things will most likely been on it, but i'm going to wait for this

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Graphically we're not going to get a masterpiece on such a large scale game, anyone thinking that has high expectations.

I also think when people point out 'differences' between a 360 and PS3 version of anything it's not as major as it is played out to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar