Drafttek 4 rounds....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Tamme in 3 would be a steal. HEADY player, runs a 4.5, 6'6" with great hands. He'll need to put on a bit more weight and continue to improve blocking but he'd be golden with Vince.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah, they've got mario manningham well into the 2nd.. that seems odd

3. ONUV

ONUV Starter

does anybody think Groves goes in the top 10? seems like a big reach.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think if he has a good combine, he could go high similar to what some 3-4 OLB's have done. Some say he's 1st round, some say 2nd.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like this draft..

I used great blue north's rankings as my guide for who might be available..

1. OG duke robinson
    2. CB leodis mckelvin
    3. s marcus griffen.
    4. trade for vet WR

Or

1.OG Duke robinson
    2. WR James hardy
    3. Best available defensive player..

The reason for duke robinson is that he would be the best player on the board at 25 if there. A guy who can start and upgrade our o-line and a huge run blocker for lendale...

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Explain.

7. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I can see the Texans picking a RB in the 1st but there is no way we pick a TE in the 3rd.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'll do the honors..

Maybe Limas Sweed turns out to be the next Randy Moss, who knows? The thing with me is he seems to be flushed into our pick in the first round just because he is from Texas. He and Vince played together, they would automatically make for a pro-bowl tandem, blah blah blah...Absurd.

Limas Sweed = Big, slow, good hands.
    Justin Gage = Big, slow, good hands.

We need someone with a little more speed. That's obvious.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Moss is fast. Sweed might end up being a good possession receiver, but we need someone to stretch the field. Sweed is a Dwayne Jarrett type. Justin Gage type. Just not what we need at all.
    Basically, we've already got about 5 guys as good as Sweed. Another one doesn't do us much good.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Their latest has us taking
    1. Harry Douglas - seems like he's more of a 2nd rounder, would add speed that we lack at WR
    2. Phil Merling - could be a solid choice for a well rounded DE
    3. Martin Rucker - I question if he'll be a good blocker, but he looks like a good deal here for a good receiver
    4. Marcus Harrison - supposed to be high upside for a DT, but he's got issues....so I think we'd pass
    5. Wesley Woodyard - I like this guy. One problem, he's small for a LB. They have him listed as a SS....can he switch? Or put on some more weight and play OLB? He's been listed around 215, Thornton says he plays at 223....so I'd like to see more weight and try it olb if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar