Drafting to beat the Colts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

I agree, we absolutely get eaten up by receivers through the middle and have to do something about it. A FS like Hooker solves a lot of those problems, but we also need a corner or two as well.

2. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

I like the idea. Could also go after a 3rd round CB as well. So many options the titans have.

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

If we are drafting just to beat the Colts we need Lattimore at 5 and pash rusher at 18.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

There won't likely be a pass rusher at 18 worth taking.

If you want to go that route, we should take whoever of Solomon or Allen falls at five, and cb at 18.

Or lattimore and hope foster falls to 18.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Drafting for the sole purpose of defending against or beating one team is a strategy I just refuse to get behind.

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think fisher said his entire game plan was to be able to beat Jacksonville during the 99' season. If I remember, we were the only team to beat them and did it 3 times.

The strategy isn't awful, but I would feel a bit more confident if they tried to scheme and beat the actual best teams. Being able to beat a 7-9 team (even though we can't) is not really going to lead to SB type success.

If drafting to beat NE is the strategy, I say go for it.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Our problem last year was we lost to bad teams and beat good ones. I don't think drafting to beat a single team is a good strategy. Plus if Fisher practiced it even more reason for me to run the other way.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

I don't think is is really that bad of a strategy. We beat a couple good/playoff teams with what we have and were unable to beat the colts. The colts strength is thier pasding game and it's our weakness. If we draft to beat the colts we will also be drafting to beat the best passing teams.

So essentially drafting to beat the colts means we fix our biggest issues. I feel like thats the best way to go. Maybe not the best way to word it though.

9. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

I agree we need defense with both first rounders

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Thing is, if we are beating the Colts, we are beating almost everyone else, because that means we are stopping the pass. Stopping the pass is what kept us from the playoffs last year and winning most of our games. We have the ability to jump ahead early in games and control the tempo with our running games, but our pass defense is too exposed to maintain that lead, but is generally the one giving it up first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar