Drafting Qb's, Lefty vs Righty the difference in scheme!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hellblitzer, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

If we draft a Left handed QB, Lienert I believe. Wont it change everything protection wise with the oline? Wont the RT actually be the "guy" then?

This factor could change alot of things when/where we draft.

What do youi think?

2. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

so no one sees us maybe haveing a problem here?

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I dont think we will have a chance at Leinart, unfortunely.

4. I think receiver wise it won't be a problem being a lefty, as he we have 2 great rrecievers in Bennet and Givens either side.

I don't think we have a protection problem
    Of course, that is if we sign him:hmm:

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think the only players it affects are the Center, Mawae is good enough to adapt and the RBs who come out to chip or help.

6. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

rt becomesmost important

He will protect the qbs blind side.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think its that big an issue. Speed rushing DEs like Freeney, Abraham, Simion Rice, etc are typically REs, meaning they match up against the LT. If you start flip flopping your tackles around then your going to get a less athletic guy trying to block the other teams top pass rusher in many cases.

8. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

roos stays at rt

so he wont go against the speed rushing des that cant flip flop,so i think so \thast a big plus for leinart.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Why? So he can see Dwight Freeney blow by the lesser of our tackles and know he is going to get sacked?

Left tackles are considered so important not only because they are protecting the blind side, but also because they are generally matched up against the Defenses better pass rushing end. You want to take that away and let a less player try to block guys like Freeney or Rice or someone of that nature?

10. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

Use Your Brain Dg

Fisher already said we would roos to LT ,IF lenairt is our future then he stays at RT. & PROTECTS HIS BLIND SIDE FOR THE NEXT 10 YRS ,ROOS IS THE BEST WE HAVE AT EITHER RIGHT OR LEFT TAKLE BY FAR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar