Drafting Offensive Linemen

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Fleese said they were excited by Gilles in the 4th but philly traded up..

Edit: Fleese looks cool Floyd and Reese = Fleese ;)

2. MttyTitan

MttyTitan Guest

Does any one know who is going to play right tackle are there any good free agents?

3. Stewart or Loper (probably Stewart) will apparently be the starting RT.

As for free agents, the market is pretty bare.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bell may get a look as well.

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

If we can find a servicable UDFA guard or FA backup, we can release Piller and start Bell there. He looked good at guard his rookie year.

6. o-lineman are so boring to draft, im glad that we didnt get any...

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I won't be surprised to see Pillar cut and replaced by Bell. If you are looking toward the future Bell certainly is it over Pillar so go ahead and let him play. In terms of FA guys available now Ron Stone, Matt Stinchomb and Kendyl Jacox are the tops. You can usually find a vet guard getting dumped after June 1st as well. I'd keep an eye on the Bucs and Eagles.

The Bucs added Joseph and Trueblood with their 1st 2 picks this yr and have added Torrin Tucker and Fonoti in FA. This goes along with drafting Chris Colmer in the 3rd and Dan Buenning in the 4th. They have Kenyatta Walker and Anthony Davis at OT and at center they have Wade who started 16 games last yr and Mahan at G who started 16 games. That is 10 guys so somebody loses out.

The Eagles drafted Justice and Jean-Gilles this yr and the only person they lost was Artis Hicks who was traded draft day. So look for someone to be cut from their roster.

8. I'd be very surprised if they cut Piller before next offseason

9. drafting o lineman is the most boring thing that someone can do in a draft

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

whoever has confidence in David Stewart at RT starting. say they

i have very little

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar