Drafting Offensive Linemen

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

What happened to us picking up some quality offensive linemen? We got some great picks (young) some ever greater steals (white and jessie) but we didnt address our need at all on the OL!:grrr:

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Who do you want to cut on the roster we have now?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

IIRC, they usually keep 9 o-linemen. May be a little high, so the current 8 may do. But I wanted to see upgrades, especially at OG. And it seemed likely we could have drafted a better RT prospect.

I don't expect Pillar and Olsen to be around much longer, and they usually don't start o-lineman the 1st year. I thought they spend at least one pick on a guy to develop for one of those spots or RT.

I'm iffy about Bell. He's got quick feet, but gets knocked back too much to me. It looked like Stewart could get beat a lot by a quick pass rusher. Loper they talked about as just being a backup for both OT spots.

Lots of questions, and I just hope our guys think they have solid answers.

4. TitanJeff

They'll have a number of UFAs come to town.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, we released Hopkins, so that's one free spot. And I doubt Bell, Loper and Stewart are all better than say Winston Justice or Marcus McNeil. Even some of the guards in the latter rounds would have been great to replace Benji and Zach in a year or 2.

6. 1 year experienced O-Line is better than a rookie O-Line we've just drafted

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

So that means +1 year experienced CB's are better than rookie CB's we just drafted... or maybe not :))

8. TitanJeff

The thing we need to remember is that the Titans will be able to use the waiver wire and possibly the June 1 cuts to fill some holes.

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Marcus McNeill was STRICTLY a RT with some big injury worries. In round 2 I think thats a reach, personally.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Considering we took White in the 2nd round I have no complaints that we didn't take an OL there. After the 3rd round maybe there were not any OL that were upgrades from what we already had? The 3rd round was a good value round for OL but we didn't have a pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar